1. News & Issues

David Emery

Baby Ink: Tattoos for Toddlers?

By July 8, 2003

No, Virginia, there is no Baby Ink. The Website promoting a tattoo parlor catering to infants and children is a hoax — an April Fools joke, actually — conceived by a bunch of wacky DJs (aren't they all!) at Channel 933 KHTS-FM radio in San Diego. A blurb on the station's Website brags about it thus: 'The Website showed children getting real tattoos. We even brought in a fake tattoo artist and pretended to tattoo a baby live on the air... in the end we revealed our joke!'  And a knee-slappingly funny one it was, at that.

Comments

March 27, 2007 at 1:58 pm
(1) Kathy says:

Is it also a joke that they are saying you can get your toddler a tatoo that will last for life and if you don’t like it they will pay to burn it off. I think it is horrible that they would waste air time saying things like that. Can’t you just see disgruntled parents that only see their children from time to time paying back the other spouce. You know their are crazy people that would do it not even thinking about the child

May 25, 2007 at 6:24 pm
(2) Cliff says:

there is a real website that tattoos babies and toddlers its tattoos4toddlers.com and I think its F**ked up, they’re able to do it legally because they blast the ink into their skin with pressurized helium, instead of using needles, but its still permanent for 10 yrs, and they do this to children as young as 6 months old!!!

December 22, 2008 at 11:28 am
(3) ash says:

babies with tats are crazy cute

January 23, 2009 at 2:53 pm
(4) chris says:

I think cliff an kathy need to chill out, just laugh about what they aired on tv, its supposed to be taken with a grain of salt not having people get in an uproar about it…

August 10, 2009 at 12:30 pm
(5) boobs says:

i wish the whole baby and tattoos thing was true. id take my son to get one

January 1, 2010 at 4:07 pm
(6) CNH says:

ahh, what parents do to their children. My parent’s believe that Mary was a virgin!