In answer to the urgent emails that are still coming in three weeks after a grammatically impaired death notice appeared on the Web claiming that "Napoleon Dynamite" star Jon Heder (sometimes misspelled John Heder) perished in a traffic accident near Salem, Oregon, the answer is: no, there was no accident and no, he's not dead. The fantastically popular 27-year-old actor has made several public appearances since the rumor began circulating early last month, including the GM Ten Event on February 22 and the Vanity Fair Oscar Awards party on the 27th. True, somebody could have been impersonating him at those events, but... why?
Updates:Jon Heder Joins 'Benchwarmers' - IGN FilmForce, 10 March 2005 Napoleon Dynamite's Campus Invasion - The Signpost, 28 March 2005
Updates:

Comments
YES HES ALIVE
YAY ilove jon heder.
jon heder is not dead and i have proof. on his website it said he was still alive also known as his email there was no wreck someone framed jon heder!
he is not dead on the dvd though they were filming and he said that he left his wedding ring on during a scene??
is that true?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I totally agree with marie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He’s awesome.
hi what is jon not died for who marie? i don’t know,and it love yayay that jon heder really funny!!
HE not dead someone framed him
http://www.ninjapirate.com/napoleon_dynamite.html
heres the url to the site which as the picture of his supposed death least he wud have died with bambi
can someone please tell what is going on and why are people saying that he is dead
pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssseeeeee tell me
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i think its funny that the picture on the link shows a car flipped over and the article has him over a 10 foot embankment and rolling over 4 times. stupid people
i think his not dead because he is my idol……i dont want him to passed awa because i want to see him in personaly someday…..
i love him 2