Today's true-life plumbing catastrophe comes to us by way of Charlotte, North Carolina, where, I kid you not, the Colon
family reported last month that their toilet was blown clean off its gasket by a mighty backflush that apparently resulted from neighbors pouring grease down the drain and blocking sewer pipes. "We heard a thump," homeowner Marilyn Colon told WCNC-TV News; a thump followed soon thereafter by the stench of raw sewage. "Feces, urine, oil ... it went all through the house," she said. The contamination was so severe that the Colons had to move out until cleanup and repairs could be completed. Full story...More Toilet Facts & Folklore:The Exploding Toilet - An Urban Legend
The Exploding Toilet - Email Variant
Return of the Exploding Toilet
New Zealand Toilet Explosion
"Super Toilet" Explodes in Britain
Was the Flush Toilet Invented by Sir Thomas Crapper?
Attack of the Toilet Spiders!
In Lieu of a Loo - An Urban Legend
Of Toilets and Cell Phones - A Cautionary Tale