1. News & Issues

Beware the Two-Striped Telamonia!Remember, you read it here first... four years ago. This well-travelled email tale attributing five fatalities in north Florida to the bite of a poisonous spider hiding under a toilet seat in an Olive Garden restaurant is back in circulation. Truth be known, variants of the story date back to 1999, when we were warned to lift the lid and make sure there wasn't an Arachnius gluteus lying in wait in the bathroom stall. The spider's name has changed, but it's still the same old hoax.  Read more...

Comments

August 27, 2006 at 9:07 am
(1) April says:

Thank God for this site!! This one was freaking me out about the spider under the lid in the bathroom. So all the info on this site is in fact true?

June 8, 2007 at 6:12 pm
(2) anomyous says:

i dont know i still think the spider is vernomous but not as vernomous people believe and under a toliet seat? WOW

April 26, 2011 at 5:09 pm
(3) LAURA says:

I WANNA KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE CAUSE I HAVE KIDS AND IM VERY SCARED I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA

September 1, 2012 at 6:39 pm
(4) David says:

Did a search for the spider they say has extremely toxic venom…Telamonia dimidiata… Wiki-pidia says it is non-venomous spider

March 31, 2013 at 7:09 pm
(5) Rodger Capron says:

I have seen several posts about spiders under toilet seats and people getting bit.These reports have been around the past several years.I check things on Snopes.com and find these are all HOAXES.Each one shows a different type of spider.

June 9, 2013 at 8:46 pm
(6) Will says:

Spiders will hide under the lid of a Toile†. Especially in Outhouses and others rarely used or open to the outdoors.