1. News & Issues

Is it true that Australian country singer Keith Urban threw a group of Canadian fans out of a concert he played in Minot, North Dakota because their country declined to participate in the Iraq war? If so, how do you explain the fact that he performed in Ontario, Canada just seven days earlier? Read more...

Comments

October 12, 2006 at 11:08 am
(1) Archie Munroe says:

We can’t expect celebrities not to have political convictions anymore than ordinary people.

However, what Keith Urban did is still inexcusable, even if the Canadians were re-embursed for their tickets.

I’m actually wondering if that really happened.

I have had a negative impression of actions and attitudes of Garth Brooks. I took the time to investigate and he is the complete opposite.

October 17, 2006 at 4:30 pm
(2) Val says:

If people don’t know if a statement is true they should not forward it all over!! They are spreading hatred against someone they know nothing about!! Investigate emails before you send them along!!

October 18, 2006 at 10:50 pm
(3) telsa says:

I would hope Mr. Urban did not do such a thing, seeing as were are participating in a war that isnt even ours and losing troops left and centre.

October 21, 2006 at 5:48 pm
(4) Courtney says:

I really don’t think that this is valid. Why would Keith Urban play a date in CANADA if he doesn’t feel that we’re not “helping” enough in a war that shouldn’t have started in the first place. Keith Urban also isn’t even American, he’s Australian, and even though you reside in the States, and may have dual citizenship, he of all people because of this reason should feel compassion towards people who like to keep the peace (i.e. CANADIANS, myself included).

October 26, 2006 at 1:09 am
(5) starla says:

This is absolutely NOT true!!! I was there, and I am CANADIAN, and he actually said thank you for our help in the War. Apparently this rumor was started by some stalker chick that has been starting rumors about another country star as well. Just thought you should know.

October 29, 2006 at 9:30 pm
(6) Ronnie says:

Being a Canadian I find this sort of news shocking! But what I find even more shocking is that someone would actually have that much arrogance to possibly sabotage Keith’s career like that. I hope the comment from “starla”, as indicated, is the truth of the matter; and that the “tossing of Canadians from his concert” is just a rumour made up by some sick twisted individual. Keith Rocks!!

November 22, 2006 at 5:08 pm
(7) JIm Baier says:

I would like to know if in fact this rumor is true.I think the answer has to come from Keith Urban himself.He must be hearing about this.So tell us keith did you ask Canadians to leave Your concert?How do you feel about Us?This should set the record straight once and for all.

December 28, 2006 at 1:34 am
(8) Mike Burton says:

RCALF is the group that lobbied to keep Canadian beef out of the US, so that is who you would make the cheque out to.

January 23, 2007 at 3:14 am
(9) adam says:

thats just a load of bull, keith urbans awesome, and so is the calgary flames!

February 8, 2007 at 11:46 pm
(10) Russ says:

I still am having a hard time believing one way or the other. I hope that he would not have said and done such a thing. I regards to “Why would Keith Urban play a date in Canada if he doesn’t feel that we’re not “helping” enough in a war that shouldn’t have started in the first place.” The answer is money. Artists play concerts and go on tour to make money from ticket sales and merchandise. “How do you explain the fact that he performed in Ontario, Canada just seven days earlier?” That’s the point. He made some money in Canada and left. He then played a concert in the US free to say what he felt about Canadians. I agree with Jim that Keith should respond himself. Even though this supposedly happened just before he went into rehab people say plenty of things that they feel at the time that they regret later (Mel Gibson; Micheal Richards for example). I lay more weight on Starla’s comments than on Adam’s.

April 1, 2007 at 5:43 pm
(11) chris says:

O MY GOD U GUYS!!!!!!! He did say it, I was there. It was completely embarassing and I lost all my respect 4 him

July 5, 2007 at 5:16 pm
(12) aNGIE a says:

You all are full of it, Keith has way too much class to say or do anything like that, this is a smear campaign to boost sales for someone else! Keith may be pro green but not political.

July 25, 2007 at 11:51 am
(13) Bubba says:

I got this email from my brother in the states. It’s circulating all over Canada. Did he say it? I’m sure that the entertainment reporter for the paper in Minot was there, how about asking him or her if this is true?
Case in point: Bush ridicules Canada on TV of not joing the war, why would Keith Urban be any different?

August 22, 2007 at 7:28 am
(14) thread hijacker says:

Well we’ve got one compulsive liar here anyway.

September 17, 2009 at 12:40 pm