1. News & Issues

David Emery

'Birther' Wackiness Continues w/Release of Obama's 'Kenyan Birth Certificate'

By August 3, 2009

ONE OF the myriad alternative-reality scenarios promulgated by "Birthers" — the folks who maintain that Barack Obama's presidency is illegitmate because, supposedly, he has never released a valid birth certificate or proven he's a natural-born citizen — is that he was actually born in Kenya.

The first and only "evidence" proffered to support that theory surfaced just yesterday in the form of a document allegedly proving that Obama was, in fact, born at Coast General Hospital in Mombasa, Kenya in 1961.

Albeit hailed by conspiracy theorists as the "smoking gun" in the war on Obama's claim to legitimacy, it only took about a nanosecond for reality-based debunkers to prove the "Kenyan birth certificate" a fake, however. Among the tell-tale signs it's a hoax is an entry stating that the document was issued by the Republic of Kenya on February 17, 1964 — 10 months before the Dominion of Kenya became a republic (for further analysis see Below the Beltway and Washington Independent).

The debacle shines a light on two fatal flaws of the Birther movement: one, their blatantly inconsistent and prejudicial standards of evidence — i.e., they're perfectly willing to accept (and circulate) unsourced photographs of an unvetted document as "proof" of foreign birth, while dismissing out of hand a state-issued, state-validated U.S. birth certificate; and two, what the foregoing reveals about their true motives — i.e, despite their protestations, they are not interested in truth, accuracy, or "protecting the U.S. Constitution," but are bent, rather, on delegitimizing Obama's presidency at any cost and by any means possible.

Read more:
Birthers Proven Right: Obama's Kenyan Birth Certificate Found
Is This Really the Smoking Gun of Obama's Kenyan Birth?
Birthers Release Forged Kenyan Birth Certificate for Obama
The Latest Birther Fantasy: Obama's (Fake) Kenyan Birth Certificate

Comments

August 3, 2009 at 4:44 pm
(1) Graham Gallagher says:

Wow. Your ignorance is astounding.

First, Obama has never released his valid birth certificate. Never. Even the online images have not been validated by Hawaii. Don’t believe me? Call the Hawaii dept of health and ask them to verify the online images as authentic. They will not and have not. It is not a state-issued and state validated birth certificate. Your assertion is simply wrong. It’s not even a birth certificate. It says certifcation of live birth right on the document.

Second, please tell me the name of the hospital where Obama was born. You cannot because no record has been released to verify that information. Don’t you think that Obama has a copy of his original birth certificate? Don’t you find it odd that he won’t release it? Don’t you? Sorry, but your the one that is a bit wacky.

Third, please let me Obama’s grade point average in college. Oh, you can’t tell me that either? Why?

November 28, 2011 at 2:55 pm
(2) Wayne D. says:

Graham, you are right this guy is a complete idiot. My daughters were born in Guam and Hawaii and I can tell you right away that Obama’s Certificate of Live Birth(not a birth certificate) was a fraud the moment I looked at the original and the new and improved updated one. It was missing tons of info and I also compared it to other Military buddies, children’s COLB that were born in Hawaii and we ALL agreed it was not even a good fake, it was really bad! Lots of mistakes and they didn’t use the words they use now as they did back then; must have been a 20 year old dim wit to forge it. Also some of the answers on the Certificate are Laughable on how dumb the forger was!

November 28, 2011 at 3:09 pm
(3) Wayne D. says:

Oh, for all the posters who have NEVER lived in Hawaii, you are clueless as to how easy it is to get documents done. Anyone that has lived here and talked to locals; half the island got a certificate of live birth back then when the state was in it’s infancy. Just about anyone that could bring in a witness, mom or a coconut could have a certificate of live birth done up. Half the immigrants that were working the pineapple fields back in the 60′s that were illegal had some one witness they were born here and live in Hawaii and it was encouraged back then so the island could get more federal funding.
Went to go and get a Certificate of Live Birth in Guam and my wife had left the hospital papers from Guam Naval Hospital at home. When we waited in line for about an hour and it was 15 minutes before closing, we get called up and she remembers in front of the lady that she didn’t put the papers in her purse…I was upset and the lady at GOG thought my wife was a local because she looked local(she is full hispanic/I’m half and half)and said are you local? My wife said she was hispanic and she said don’t worry about, just give me the info and the money for processing it and “It’s ok.” We walked out of there with a COLB and didn’t have to bring anything back to verify. That’s how it is on the islands…not saying it’s bad, but it is what it is. Real easy to get documents done, especially if you have an island connection/hookup!
People here in the states are very nieve and are mostly followers. The truth is the documents were FAKE!

August 3, 2009 at 5:03 pm
(4) Shorty Longstrokin says:

Wow. Keep it up, Graham. Not only did you just prove the point of the last paragraph of the article, but your futile protests falling on deaf ears are a continuous source of amusement to anyone with an iota of intelligence.

August 3, 2009 at 5:16 pm
(5) Jonathan says:

Actually, Graham, Hawaii’s Department of Health has indeed verified that they have Obama’s original birth certificate. They are not allowed to release it to the public, and Obama should not be forced to, just like none of the 42 presidents before him were forced to.

August 3, 2009 at 5:18 pm
(6) Jonathan says:

Oh, and the Hawaii Department of Health also verified that the short form that Obama produced is real:

August 3, 2009 at 5:27 pm
(7) Captain Steve says:

I don’t trust ANY politician and almost no one in the media. I still want two answers.

1) Why can’t we see his long-form? Obama knows that millions of citizens want to see it yet he continues to hide it. What/why is he hiding?

and most disturbingly,

2) Why don’t BHO’s supporters want to know the whole truth, especially since there’s a reward of $100,000 for proof that Obama is a “natural born” citizen of the United States.

OBAMA, STOP HIDING. SHOW US THE LONG FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!!!

August 3, 2009 at 5:44 pm
(8) Gerry says:

Don’t argue with an idiot: they will beat you down with experience and bring you down to their level. Conspiracy theorists are not interested in truth, logic or facts.

August 3, 2009 at 6:43 pm
(9) Brandon says:

Another fearful perspective from a Liberal! The Liberal loons will argue that it says Kenyan Republic and dated/signed Feb 4th 1964 when Kenya didn’t become a Free Republic until Dec. of 1964. That argument is weak and that spin won’t wash because Kenya declared their Independence Dec. of 1963, and was recognized as such. Another explanation is the fact that Obama’s mother had to have this document or something similar to verify proof Obama’s father during their divorce proceedings.

Also another Liberal lie saying a birth certificate has been released! Pure HOGWASH! The only thing released was a Certificate of Live Birth which any walking breathing citizen can go obtain. All that is, is a piece of paper that says “You were born!”

Also Liberal who have all the answers, please I beg of you…name me the hospital Obama was born in, if it was indeed Hawaii. Obama originally stated to be born in Queens Medical Center in Hawaii, even states this in his book Audacity of Hope, but strangely after his Inauguration the letter was sent out on his official White House letterhead that he was born in Kapiolani Medical Center.

Liberals, you fear the truth coming out and your ignorance will be noted when it does!

August 3, 2009 at 7:36 pm
(10) Ross Parker says:

In order to properly refute the Birther wackos, we need to get all of the facts straight. Prior to December 1963, Kenya was a colony of Britain. I can find no reference to there ever being a Dominion of Kenya. Dominion was used to denote an independent country, such as the Dominions of Canada, New Zealand, Newfoundland, etc., not a colony. All that said, thank-you to whoever posted this hilarious “Kenyan birth certificate”.

August 3, 2009 at 7:48 pm
(11) Scott says:

I can’t identify myself here because I’d lose my job. I’m a low level employee of the US State Department attached to the Overseas Service and I just finished a conference call with two lawyers in London and two journalists from Politico.com who all stated that they just left a late meeting at the London Foreign Office and they were assured that “The Kenyan birth certificate is without question, 100% authentic.”

I’m not surprised.

August 3, 2009 at 7:52 pm
(12) FreeDUMB says:

We should thank the birthers for derailing the GOP for the next century.

August 3, 2009 at 8:04 pm
(13) urbanlegends says:

Re the question of whether or not a Dominion of Kenya existed between the time independence was declared and Kenya became a republic, the answer is yes.

See, for example, Constitutions of African States (New York: Oceana Publications, 1972), p. 610:

“With effect from the date of independence, the coastal strip, which had since 1920 been a British Protectorate, formally became an integral part of the Dominion of Kenya, and the soverignty of the Sultan of Zanzibar lapsed. A year later, i.e. on December 12, 1964, Kenya became a Republic…”

August 3, 2009 at 8:05 pm
(14) Kitau says:

I happen to be Kenyan. I was born 1 month before Obama at Mombasa medical center. I am a teacher here at the MM Shaw Primary School in Kenya.
I compared my birth certificate to the one that has been put on by Taitz and mine is exactly the same. I even have the same registrar and format. The type is identical.
I am by nature a skeptical person. I teach science here and challenge most things that cannot be proven.
So I went to an official registrar today and pulled up the picture on the web. They magnified it and determined it to be authentic. There is even a plaque with Registrar Lavenders name on it as he was a Brit and was in charge of the Registrar office from 1959 until January of 1964.
I stress the word “copy.”
My copy also has republic of Kenya.
The birth certificate is genuine. I assure you it will be authenticated by a forensic auditor.
We are very proud Obama was born here.
We have a shrine for him and there are many people who remember his birth here as he had a white mother.
They are being interviewed now by one of your media outlets. Fortunately they even have pictures of his parents with him immediately after his birth at the Mombasa hospital with the hospital in the back ground. It will be a proud day for us when it is proven that he was born here and a Kenyan became the most powerful man in the world.
I encourage anyone to come here and visit.
I will be happy to take you and show you the pictures at the hospital myself as well as my document and many others that are identical to what Taitz posted.
God Bless.
Kitau

August 3, 2009 at 8:20 pm
(15) Tony says:

The Kenyan birth certificate looks more genuine than the one Obama released. Hmmm…

August 3, 2009 at 11:07 pm
(16) Jeff says:

So it doesn’t bother you that the Kenyan Birth Certificate actually appears to be real while the certificate of live birth image that you have incorrectly asserted as a legitimate “birth certificate” has been debunked as a fraud? Seriously, it says he is “African”. You can name-call, use the word “birther” and “wackos” and whatever other distraction you want, but your position holds no water. To the “educated” ignorant on here who refuse to look at the proof and examine the evidence for yourself rather than eat everything spoon-fed to you by the mainstream media and “journalist” shills like the writer of this article, I feel sorry for you. Your ignorance will result in your demise.

August 3, 2009 at 11:29 pm
(17) David says:

Kitau. If you are who you say you are please get in touch with Orly Taitz. You can get her contact off the web at Orly Taitz esquire. She could use you help. She will talk to you.

As far as you Emery .. sad excuse for a journalist.

August 3, 2009 at 11:50 pm
(18) Kitau says:

THIS JUST IN. OBAMA MAKING EMERGENCY FLIGHT TO COME HERE. WONDER WHY?
PM depart Andrews Air Force Base en route to Nairobi, Kenya

April 20, 2011 at 7:41 pm
(19) margo says:

this is the schedule for hilary clinton. could you make yourself look any stupider?

August 3, 2009 at 11:52 pm
(20) Kitau says:

OBAMA COMING HERE TO DESTROY OTHER EVIDENCE?

PM depart Andrews Air Force Base en route to Nairobi, Kenya

August 4, 2009 at 1:01 am
(21) JR says:

In reference to David’s “The only thing released was a Certificate of Live Birth which any walking breathing citizen can go obtain. All that is, is a piece of paper that says “You were born!”” Question–isn’t that EXACTLY what a “Birth Certificate” is?

Also, Scott, Mr. State Department employee, I’m calling you out as a fake and a liar. Same for you, Kitau–you’re as African as I am.

You people are amazing. And not a leg to stand on.

August 4, 2009 at 1:01 am
(22) Elvis is alive! says:

Wow You guys are fun! As I wrote in the other thread, nothing makes conservatives look more bat sh*t crazy than continuing this absurd conspiracy theory. Please don’t ever stop. Did you know that Obama’s Father is actually cousins with the third gunman on the grassy knoll in Dallas who actually is buried along with Vince Foster in Area 51 underneath the remains of the Loch Ness Monster. It’s totally true – I read it on some blog! If you disagree it must be because you’re with the ‘mainstream media’! Soylent Green is people!

August 4, 2009 at 1:24 am
(23) Rickey says:

Nonsense, Kitau. Hillary Clinton’s trip to Africa was planned weeks ago.

And how is that you don’t know how to spell the name of your school? It’s M.M. Shah Primary School, not M.M. Shaw Primary School.

August 4, 2009 at 3:31 am
(24) Georgetown says:

Feds to investigate Fake KBC
“A California attorney has now filed a purported KBC with a federal forum. The Department of Justice and FBI automatically have jurisdiction to investigate matters filed in federal court

Andy Martin may know who provided the false document:
“I suspect the KBC may be a forgery that was created by Obama himself, as part of his admissions package to Occidental College. Obama forged the KBC to falsely claim Kenyan birth as part of his ‘affirmative action’ application to Occidental. That is a very real explanation for the KBC. The KBC may also explain why Obama has shrouded his college records in secrecy; he should now release all of them to the public

August 4, 2009 at 12:34 pm
(25) JMike says:

The Birthers are not stupid or crazy, they are merely racists. They would not have dreamed of requiring John McCain’s birth certificate, had he been elected — thank God he wasn’t. This is 100 percent about the obsession these people have about a black man being in the White House. They just can’t stand it. So, to all you Birthers — go put your sheets on and stand over there in the corner and STFU!

August 4, 2009 at 12:51 pm
(26) urbanlegends says:

JMike,

Actually, there was a kerfuffle over John McCain’s citizenship during the 2008 campaign. I don’t find it that hard to imagine left-leaning loonies continuing to pursue it ad absurdum if McCain had been elected.

Is racism the operative factor behind the birther attacks on Obama? Let’s resist the temptation to generalize. While I’m sure racism is a motive for some, perhaps many, I’m just as sure there are birthers, perhaps many, for whom the President’s ethnicity isn’t a factor at all.

August 4, 2009 at 12:52 pm
(27) Emudude says:

Birthers are “Racist???” Is Dr. Alan Keyes a white Racist? He is More Black than Obama. What makes him a Racist? What makes any of us a Racist? I harbor no ill toward anyone who is Honest. So Far Obama has not been shown to be honest about anything.

August 4, 2009 at 3:21 pm
(28) Lee says:

I can’t vote in the poll, because Obama never released anything resembling a birth certificate.

August 4, 2009 at 8:34 pm
(29) smrstrauss says:

A newspaper or newsagency with a correspondent or stringer in Kenya would perform a useful public service in this case by simply checking whether certified copies of birth certificates in Kenya really did cost 7s 6d (seven shillings and six pence) as this document claims that it cost.

It is most unlikely because that was the same sum shown on the Australian birth document that was apparently the model for this, and because seven shillings and six pence would have been a LOT of money for poor Kenya.

Still, just to find out that certified copies of Kenyan birth certificates in 1964 cost a lot different from 7s and 6d would put the nail in this allegation quickly and easily.

August 4, 2009 at 8:37 pm
(30) Deanna says:

Kudos to “Elvisisalive” for making me laugh out loud today! Double kudos and triple point score to urbanlegnds for successful use of the work “kerfuffle”. Good job to all. Now, my point…who cares you stupid people who cannot accept that a mixed race person has been elected. Get over it and get behind him, just like you did that idiot George W. Bush. It seems to me like most of you republican people are able to wander along aimlessly for at least 8 years before you realize something must be wrong. Give Obama at least that much time to fix the mess that has been made. Oh, and by the way…Clinton was my hero. Who cares who he did whatever with. If we’re gonna bring out the history, lets talk about all the infidelity of the past. At least the economy was good, joblessness was down and there wasn’t a homeless person/child on every corner. Hmmmm, that reminds me, didn’t Abraham Licoln have a slave for a mistress, oh, and a child too. I liked him too, so there!

August 5, 2009 at 8:13 am
(31) Conservative hating Libertarian says:

Wow. I knew the Republican party was in disarray, but this smacks of more than garden variety desperation. They can’t beat Obama with facts or on the real issues, so they’ve stooped to chicanery lies and prevarication. Oh wait, they’ve been stooping there since 1971…..

August 5, 2009 at 11:33 am
(32) Javalake says:

You can’t argue with
this.

August 5, 2009 at 1:33 pm
(33) Lorene B says:

It would be great if Kitau could post her birth certificate (with very personal info covered) so that it could be compared to the recent one posted on Obama.

August 5, 2009 at 3:24 pm
(34) UglyinLA says:

David Emery, I hope for your sake you are right about Obama. You are putting a lot of blind faith that Obama was born in Hawaii. I know that you and the main stream media want this story to just go away. But it won’t. Its like Monica Lewinsky all over again. Its like the Swift Boaters all over again. This story will not die until the truth comes out. If, in fact, Obama is illegitimate, you, your friends in the media, and all others who scoffed at the notion will lose pretty much whatever credibility you have left.

August 5, 2009 at 3:40 pm
(35) urbanlegends says:

Dear UglyinLa,

I don’t have to “hope I’m right.” Obama’s Hawaiian birth isn’t a matter of opinion. The preponderance of evidence — nay, all of the evidence — is on Obama’s side. During the entire 2+ years this bogus “controversy” has raged, not a single shred of credible evidence has ever been produced that even suggests Obama was born anywhere other than in Hawaii.

Does it not strike you that after all this time, the single “smoking gun” these folks could come up with only came out this week and was instantly proven bogus?

My God, where are people’s brains?

August 5, 2009 at 4:40 pm
(36) Abie says:

All here are missing the most pertinent fact:

It matters not where the pretender was born, as he cannot meet the Natural Born requirements of the conatitution due to his father’s British citizenship.

But he should have to release all of his records, as all presidents before him have. Remember the scrutiny of Bush and sKerry’s college grades? (yes, sKerry almost flunked out)

August 5, 2009 at 10:59 pm
(37) gc says:

“The reason the date on the certificate says republic of Kenya is that we were a republic when the “copy” of the original was ordered.
I stress the word “copy.”

So what you say is true about Kenya not being a republic at the time of Obama’s birth, however it was a republic when the copy was ordered.”

Not true. It technically was NOT a republic when the copy was ordered.

August 6, 2009 at 2:29 am
(38) SYS says:

Where are people’s brains, Emery asks? In the case of the birthers, those “brains” are firmly inside the seat of their pants.

As for the nationality of the PRESIDENT’S father, that means nothing since he was born inside of the US. Read your Constitution. Go ahead.

It’s pointless to argue with crazy people — or sore losers.

August 6, 2009 at 6:47 am
(39) world says:

OBAMA/BARRY SOETORO is INELIGIBLE because he was a British Citizen at birth. This is already an established FACT. Obama held Kenyan Citizenship from birth to the age of 21. Obama was ineligible to run for President the second he was born, regardless of where he was born because his father was British. The framers of Constitution of the United States did NOT want somebody with dual citizenship to be President, unless they were alive during the signing of the Constitution. This is clear constitutional interpretation. Obama was NOT alive then.
-Article II, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution reads: “No Person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of this constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.-
_________
Obama is not constitutionally the “Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States” (see Article II, Section 2, Clause 1). He is entitled to no obedience whatsoever from anyone in those forces. Indeed, for officers or men to follow any of his purported “orders” will constitute a serious breach of military discipline-and in extreme circumstances perhaps even “war crimes.” In addition, no one in any civilian agency in the Executive Branch of the General Government will be required to put into effect any of Obama’s purported “proclamations,” “executive orders,” or “directives.”
-according to constitutional scholar Dr. Edwin Vieira: “if Obama dares to take the Presidential Oath or Affirmation of office, knowing that he is not a natural born Citizen, he will commit the crime of perjury or false swearing (see Article II, Section 1, Clause 7). For, being ineligible for the Office of President, he cannot faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, or even execute it at all, to any degree.. taking the Oath or Affirmation? will be a violation thereof!”

with what Indonesia’s school system has already said about Obama: that he attended both a Catholic and a muslim school as “Barry Soetoro”, not as Barack Obama. It seems at age 20 “Obama” also had an Indonesian passport, which he used to travel to Pakistan with a longtime close personal male friend.
BHO was born at The Coast Provincial General Hospital in Mombasa, Kenya, located in Coast Province, at 7:24 p.m. on August 4th, 1961.
After Obama was born his mum flew to HAWAII to register Obama’s birth in Hawaii.
THERE IS NO HOSPITAL HISTORY IN HAWAII TELLING OBAMA WAS BORN THERE!!

August 6, 2009 at 6:49 am
(40) world says:

_________

August 6, 2009 at 6:55 am
(41) World says:

BITHERS are THE PEOPLE WHO DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION, THEY ARE THE BRAVE PEOPLE STANDING UP FOR THE GREAT AMERICA, THEY ARE THE ONE THAT WILL HELP FIGHT TO SAVE YOUR FREEDOM

EVERYONE WHO DEFEND The USURPER/OBAMA ARE TRAITORS, HELPING DESTROYING AMERICA !!

THERE IS A REASON WHY THEY ARE HIDING HIS BC!!

OBAMA, BORN IN KENYA

August 6, 2009 at 9:57 am
(42) Ron says:

I do believe BO was born in Hawaii, but the birthers are no more loony than the liberal “truthers” that insisted Pres. Bush orchestrated the 911 event. AS long as liberals keep insulting President Bush, you can expect others to keep demeaning President Obama. The Obama birth conspiracy folks were born from the 911 liberals. keep spinning folks, the truth is out there. :) Liberals have their fair share of leftist loons that take a back seat to no one including the birthers crazies. :) I accept our Gov’t and its leaders and I also think Gore tried to steal the 2000 election.

August 6, 2009 at 10:13 am
(43) Tracey says:

You know, I hate to give any support whatsoever to those “birther” wackos, but this is clearly not the same document — at least, it was not made by merely scanning the document and changing the text on it.

Although they are structurally very similar (probably because both Kenya and Australia have roots in the United Kingdom), the printed portions are not identical. The seal at the top is not the same on the Kenyan one (lions on the sides) as it is on the Australian one (can’t see the whole thing, but on the right is human legs). Also — and this is the most obvious difference — the text in the bottom right square isn’t the same, and because of differences in the length of the different text, the other words don’t line up the same. The country name is longer on the Kenya one, so the word “do” extends beyond the word “Registrar” above it. The word “Province” is longer than “State,” so the words “Book” and “Page” are in different positions relative to the other line as well.

I’m sure it’s still a forgery, but there’s a lot more involved in it than simply changing the typed text of the image.

August 6, 2009 at 10:15 am
(44) BHO says:

I am barack Obama. I wasn’t born in America or Kenya. I was born in Russia, that is why i am hiding my real birth certificate in my underwear drawer. I will turn america into a communist country in my next 8 years as president, and I will disband all the military in the country and install only black people as the military.
See how easy it is for someone on here to claim they are someone they aren’t, and say something utterly ridiculous but don’t have to prove it? Welcome to Birthers 101.
This issue is becoming so humorous at the attempts to make stuff up and others that actually believe the “new” proof.

August 6, 2009 at 10:58 am
(45) Lee says:

Javalake, you posted a link to a press statement, not a birth certificate. In the press statement, Dr. Chiyome Fukino has claimed to have seen the original record, which is not the same. And, if that was an official statement by Dr. Chiyome Fukino, why wasn’t it signed?

Bottom line, though – I’m less concerned with seeing the birth certificate than in knowing why Obama is so adamant about hiding it…

August 6, 2009 at 11:11 am
(46) Dashark says:

If you disagree if with Obama, you are an angry mob.

If you are a police officer, you are stupid.

If you are a doctor, you are a crook.

Who cares where this creep was born, Obama needs to go now!

August 6, 2009 at 11:33 am
(47) Jay says:

Here is a fact, ‘birthers’ don’t like having a President that is of African American descent.

And where were the ‘teabaggers’ when Bush was wasting gobs of your tax money in the middle east? Huh? I can’t hear you.

August 6, 2009 at 11:35 am
(48) Lori says:

First off, it wouldn’t matter if my mother was a Russian citizen and my father was a citizen of Greenland: if I was born in this country then I am a natural born citizen. Besides the only reason the “natural born citizen” clause exists is because no one wanted Alexander Hamilton as president. (As a side note, the Constitution states in the article regarding the Presidency: No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President. It is often theorized that the clause regarding citizenship at the time of adoption was included exclusively for Hamilton in the event he desired the Presidency, as he was not a natural born citizen. From here: http://www.libertylounge.net/forums/1007-founding-fathers-glance-alexander-hamilton.html)

Second, if you disagree with Obama’s politics or decisions then make your arguments against those. Bickering over his birth simply makes it look like you are unable to construct a valid argument against his policies/decisions.

August 6, 2009 at 12:06 pm
(49) Jean says:

I have a brainstorm of an idea. Why doesn’t Obama just PRODUCE THE LONG-FORM BIRTH CERTIFCATE??
Wow, end of discussion then, huh? Quite simple.
What’s the problem with that?

August 6, 2009 at 12:13 pm
(50) Ken says:

Mr. UrbanLegends please explain this to us “stupid” People. If the birth certificate is so real, why is Obama spending so much money to fight against proving it?

August 6, 2009 at 12:48 pm
(51) Waste of time says:

I haven’t see the President fighting to hide anything. He has provided a legal document showing where he was born. There is nothing else to provide.
If you can prove he is fighting to hide something, please do so. Not wasting time providing something he has already provided is just being efficient with his time, not hiding anything. I think he has much more important use of his time with the wars, hunger, foreign affairs, deficits that he inherited and made bigger, the economy that he is at least trying to fix, healthcare for the poor (whether you like it or not, at least he is trying to help people that many want to ignore.), etc. Another birth certificate isn’t, and shouldn’t be, very high on the nations priorities. Instead of spending all this time thinking of new ridiculous theories and writing about them, go use the time feeding the poor or help kids at a grade school. And before you try to say something derogatory to me, I do that with my time.

August 6, 2009 at 1:29 pm
(52) Giovanni says:

Yes, Waste of time he does have other things to consider, like more ways to send the U.S. into a socialist/communist way of life. He was educated by radicals, and his policies are still radical. We are headed to a Communistic society under his regime, and anyone that can’t see that is BLIND!!

August 6, 2009 at 2:24 pm
(53) waste of time says:

Very funny Giovanni. Oh wait, that wasn’t a ridiculous joke??? My mistake. It was so funny and outrageously ignorant, I had to think it was a joke.

August 6, 2009 at 2:28 pm
(54) Javalake says:

“Dr. Chiyome Fukino has claimed to have seen the original record, which is not the same.”

Not the same as what? Dr Fukino is the person who is currently in charge of Hawaii birth records. In that press statement she says that their birth records show that Obama was born in Hawai’i and that he is a natural born citizen. There is nobody in the world more qualified to make any statement about his birth records. If you don’t trust her to tell the truth, then you aren’t going to believe any document that Obama, Taitz, Keyes, Congress, the courts, or the birthers could conceivable force her office to cough up.

If you still need to see an actual certificate, look at the one posted online. It says right on it that it is legal proof of citizenship, and that Obama was born in Honolulu. You might not trust what you see in a scanned online copy, but if you put that together with Dr. Fukino’s statement that it is valid, that’s more than enough proof of his citizenship.

August 6, 2009 at 4:38 pm
(55) SYS says:

This claptrap that Obama is fighting to hide his birth certificate would be funny if it weren’t so tragic an indicator that some people actually believe that nonsense. World, and Giovanni, you better check under your beds and in your closets for the communists that are certainly hiding there. Your grammatical ineptitude doesn’t help your “cause”, either.

For cryin’ out loud, the birth certificate has been released to the extent that the law allows. Can just anyone go in and get copies of anyone else’s birth certificate, yours or mine, and just cast them far and wide? No, for privacy reasons! Doesn’t matter what you do for a living.

Emery’s original assessment is being proven over and over here: Go up and re-read the last paragraph of the article. If the shoe fits, you desperately need a different style of footwear.

August 6, 2009 at 8:52 pm
(56) Alejandro says:

If Obama was a full-blooded Caucasian whose father had been born in northern Europe, there wouldn’t be an issue. But, because he’s half Negro with a father born in Africa, the conspiracy theory morons keep blowing hot air. They just can’t accept the fact that a biracial man has ascended to the highest office in the land. Bigots will always self-destruct anyway!

August 7, 2009 at 2:52 pm
(57) JP says:

All this hullabalo about ‘birth certificate vs. certificate of live birth’ got me curious. I just checked my files. Mine and my four children’s all say “Certificate of Live Birth.” Mine was issued by the state of Oklahoma, and my kids’ are from the Pacific Northwest. They are genuine and no one has anyone ever challenged them beause there is no reason to.
My only question is WHO on earth could be stupid enough to carry on with this lunacy? Give it up already, the election is over. America has spoken. Perhaps the majority of us don’t agree with YOU, but that’s the way it is. I can assure you when the fools that voted in W twice won the election, many of us were disappointed too. Get over it. Find a viable and sensible candidate for the next time and maybe some of us will vote with you. Until then, shut the heck up, PLEASE.

August 8, 2009 at 1:53 am
(58) Kerr Mudgeon says:

) JP says: “I just checked my files. Mine and my four children’s all say “Certificate of Live Birth.” Mine was issued by the state of Oklahoma, and my kids’ are from the Pacific Northwest.”
Mine, too, is a [signed] Certificate… from Pennsylvania. The US Army accepted it, as did various employers over the years; then Social Security & Medicare accepted it when I applied for my pension (after being laid off in the Bush Recession). I assume my REAL birth certificate is still on file in Harrisburg, PA – 200 miles from where I was born.

August 8, 2009 at 4:58 pm
(59) anti-nonsense says:

Re: “Long Form Birth Certificates”

It is the policy of the Hawaiian officials not to release the long form birth certificates, thus it is not possible for Obama to get a copy of it. This is is according to somebody that has spoken directly to the officials in question. The short form is sufficient to prove natural birth as far as the US State Department is concerned.

Also, the father’s race is listed as “African” because the officials list the race that the person identifies with.

Not that the birthers are going to pay any attention to this, it’s not about the facts, it’s about keeping them n*****s down. And keeping sane people out of office.

August 8, 2009 at 11:35 pm
(60) P.J. says:

You do realize, of course, that Pres. Obama’s African grandmother has given interviews stating that she was present for Barack Jr.’s birth in Mombasa? His family members there do not seem to be conflicted about where he was born. Of course, if we had some responsible & truly unbiased mainstream media here in this country, this angle would already have been investigated. Or perhaps it has been, and they choose to keep silent about it. In any case, many Americans would like to know the truth, and that does not make us racists. OR “wacky”. How about not throwing derogatory names around to characterize people who might not see things the way that you do?

August 9, 2009 at 8:36 am
(61) John says:

That is always the last “Ace-in-the-hole” these people have – Racism. When it truly is racism, that is fine, but this is about finding the truth about an elected official. If there had been this type of question about President Bush, they would have had him out on the front lawn of the White House on a gallows.

Since President Obama is of African heritage, ANY complaint will always be met with, “Well, you’re just racist.” Sad that people can no longer have opinions, or ask pertinent questions, without being labeled racist. All part of the Liberal agenda. It will only get worse from here folks.

August 10, 2009 at 9:06 am
(62) Frank says:

Kitau, if your still posting on this website, please get in touch with me immediately. It is of the utmost importance. fjalbas@bellsouth.net

August 10, 2009 at 3:44 pm
(63) urbanlegends says:

Issue your very own Kenyan birth certificate!

August 10, 2009 at 9:21 pm
(64) RationalMan says:

Holy Cospiracy, Batman!
So, summing it up, the Birthers have provided links to lunatic websites, the anti-birthers have provided links to well respected web sites and valid documentation from respected government officials backing their claims. The birthers claim that BHO isn’t a citizen even if he was born in the USA, which any idiot knows is incorrect. The birhters’ argument against the anti-birthers documentation is “CONSPIRACY!!!”, but no proof.
I agree with “urbanlegend” that you can’t generalize and say that all birhters are racists; I’m sure many are, but I believe some are really just well intentioned lunatics that think they need to protect our country, having been influenced by websites like the one linked to by “world” (really insane dribble from uneducated and ill-informed haters – they believe repeating the same garbage twenty times on a website makes it true).
Funny that Kitau has failed to support their claims or respond to comments that debunk their statements!
Sure, BHO’s family conspired, when he was born, to make it seem like he was a natural born citizen of the U.S.A. because they thought it would be important when he ran for President someday, having a fake birth certificate inserted in Hawai’i, and a fake birth notice put in the paper – how stupid does that sound???
There are loonies on the left and the right, but you shouldn’t justify the lunacy of the birthers because some leftist loonies “truthers” blamed Bush for 911. Every school kid learns that two wrongs do not make a right!
Weak, weak arguments, and no good documentation; and these people are insulting the media for not jumping on the bandwagon?
I think McCain would be a good choice for the Republicans to use to end this madness, as he had to endure similar stupidity during the election run.

August 11, 2009 at 6:48 am
(65) Croydon Bob says:

8 years of Bush made you Americans the laughing stock of the world.

You finally elect a President with credibility and the “birthers” are determined to make you a laughing stock again!

Mind you, I wouldn’t find it so funny if I actually had to live in the same country as those clowns.

August 11, 2009 at 11:56 am
(66) sd_sparky says:

John, your comment about Bush being dragged out onto the White House lawn is such BS.. GW had a host of skeletons that Daddy had swept under the carpet… Drugs, drunk driving, school records, military AWOL…

Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

August 12, 2009 at 2:11 pm
(67) P.J. says:

The fact that the news media investigated W’s past at all (digging for dirt)seems to disprove your claim of “Daddy’s cover-up”. Why, they even found some things that WEREN’T true, and reported them anyway! Compare that to the refusal of the media today to do any kind of questioning about Obama’s background…refusal to release any records relating to his birth, education, etc. Why no in-depth interviews with his family in Kenya, for example? Roommates or classmates from college? Other members of the Dunham family who might have some insights? Every avenue was examined 9 years ago in the quest to discredit Bush. THAT is the criticism in a nutshell. And it has nothing to do with RACE. It’s the ideology that scares me, and many other Americans.

August 13, 2009 at 9:07 am
(68) Bryan says:

Not a peep would come from all the folks squawking over where Obama was born if McCain had been elected. McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone, and every other person I know who was born there — and I know quite a few — is a PANAMANIAN citizen, not a US citizen.

August 13, 2009 at 11:50 am
(69) Taj says:

Bryan – - you must know that that statement about Panamanian citizenship is untrue.

August 18, 2009 at 9:49 pm
(70) Russ says:

I certify that I was a prinse in Kenya at the time when Obama was born here. I was sworn to secrecy never to reveel this information by the CIA, but I must tell everyone so they no the trooth. Just wire $10,000 to my account at the Bank of the Republic of Kenya account nomber 12345 and I will send you the reel documunts.

There will always be some people stupid enough to wire the money. Don’t argue with these people, they are too busy buying the Brooklyn bridge.

August 20, 2009 at 4:45 pm
(71) Jack Walsh says:

Kitau, we have been trying to reach you but so far have failed as we need your expertise. Send an e-mail to mascmen7@yahoo.com

August 26, 2009 at 6:04 am
(72) IndyGirl says:

*sighs* I really don’t have an opinion on whether or not President Obama is a naturalized citizen, but I DO have an opinion about some of his policies. If some people I’ve heard from are right, I guess I am a subversive, as there are actions and policies I do not agree with. I am disabled by M.S. and my sole income is Social Security. Guess who is footing (at least in part)the bill for the new healthcare program? You got it! The elderly and disabled. It was decided that I would not receive a (cost of living) raise for the next two years. I sure hope necessities do not go up in price during that period (riiiiight). I’ve been disabled since 1987 and this is the only year that I have received a raise and the cost of Medicare did not go up. I knew it was too good to be true. So now I guess the little extra needs to tide me over through this year AND next. It was decided that during the second year, that I do not get a (cost of living) raise, that Medicare will not go up. At least that’s what they say for now. This is only one example as there are many other issues that affect me and my family in a bad way. I honestly cannot foresee if anything he has started will help our economy, or hurt it more, in the long run, but this is where my focus is at the moment. There is nothing I can do about the birth certificate issue, no proof I can offer for or against, and my financial situation demands my full attention, for now anyway. I’m a bit jaded and my sense of humor is a little off-color, but I keep wondering if this is a population-control tactic lol. I mean the number of baby-boomers that are seriously taxing medical resources is much larger than generations before. Taking money from the sick and poor seems like a good way to rid the country of (at least) part of the parasitic masses. Survival of the fittest?

January 28, 2011 at 6:07 am
(73) Elizabeth says:

The formula for cost of living increases has nothing to do with the Obama administration. This e-mail hoax that has been circulating has nothing to do with what you are stating, but the response to it explains how the cost of living increases are calculated: http://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/electronic-medical-records-for-congress/

September 9, 2009 at 1:27 pm
(74) TruthSeeker1 says:

Time to put an end to this controversy… I am not a birther, a racist, nor someone that merely swallows what appears like conspiracy from either side. SHOW ME THE FACTS!!!!

Question 1)
Mr. Obama, show me your K-12, undergrad, grad entrance documents and grades? I don’t understand why all other presidents had to show them prior to their election but you, according to the birthers may have spent nearly $1 million to keep them private… WHY? You can obtain that information I’m sure.

Question 2)
Mr. Obama, show me your passport when you traveled as a college student. You can obtain that information I’m sure.

Question 3)
Birthers, please authenticate the individuals and their signatures on the Kenyan COB. You can obtain this I’m sure.

Question 4)
Mr. Obama, show me the long form of your Birth Certificate, not the Certificate of Live Birth. You can obtain this I’m sure.

Statement for those that label the birthers racist… please stop with that. It shows ignorance. I’ve been around since 1950 and remember IKE, JFK and forward. If President is a tricky DICK then he is and that is not racism. Those that seek the truth, though some may be motivated by racism, there is a vast number that want the truth because our Constitution demands it… White, Black, Yellow, Red… the truth hear is color blind because it our Constitution and the requirements that it demands for a person to be President must clearly demonstrate. Clearly this has not been done otherwise we wouldn’t be having this debate.

Birthers, if you get the truth and the truth is President Obama is the rightful president, let it drop. Opponents of birthers, if the truth reveals he is not then remedy must be put in order. Truth demands it.

September 10, 2009 at 7:22 pm
(75) Slamdunk says:

My fellow birthers. Get off the birthplace!!! I don’t believe he was born in Hawaii either. But Obama’s achilles heal is he’s not a natural born citizen. No one can refute that, and that alone disqualifies him. His father was never a U.S. citizen. The constitution is at stake. Will liberals and democrats see this? Or will they continue to approve Obama’s violation of it?

September 19, 2009 at 5:38 pm
(76) dmac69 says:

There is no reason for any sane person with nothing to hide to spend about a million dollars to hide ALL of their records. If he is legal then get on with his job if he isn’t then get the heck out of the White House and let the people of America salvage what is left to salvage. But I wish someone would find that interview that was on TV with either his aunt or grandma that claimed they assisted with his birth in Kenya. It was only on a couple times in 24 hrs. and disappeared.This man really has nothing to prove he even exists.Did he come from under a rock? If he is honest about wanting to be a useful Pres. to America and not planning on trying to be the dictator he is acting like then show the real full BC and the rest of your papers. In my book he is not an honest man and if he was not born in America I wonder what ulterior motives he has for America and the American people.

September 27, 2009 at 4:38 pm
(77) idioteraser says:

He has not spent a million dolllars at all. None of you people can provide any shred of evidence of that.

” wish someone would find that interview that was on TV with either his aunt or grandma that claimed they assisted with his birth in Kenya. It was only on a couple times in 24 hrs. and disappeared.”

You mean the interview with the stepgrandmother in which the translators repeatdly state no he was born in the state of Hawaii not Kenya? Here is a little clue when you have two translators working with three languages on a phone line that repeatdly breaks up you are not going to get an accurate translation of what is being said to the person.

Here is the transcript of the full audio the birthers leave off.

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE (to McRae): No! Obama was not born in Mombasa! He was born in America!

MCRAE: Wh-whereabouts, whereabouts was he born? I, I thought he was born in Kenya.

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE: No he was born in America, not in Mombasa.

MCRAE: OK. Do you know whereabouts he was born?

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE: (Pause.) Huh?

MCRAE: Do you know where he was born? I thought he was born in Kenya. I was gonna go by and see where he was born.

(two male voices in background in foreign language speaking at the same time. Mrs. Obama or another woman in background.)

VOICE (background): It was Hawaii.

VOICE OF MRS. OBAMA OR ANOTHER WOMAN (background): Hawaii.

BROTHER TOM (background): Hawaii, yeah?

VOICE OF MRS. OBAMA OR ANOTHER WOMAN (background): Yeah.

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE (background): Yes.

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE (to McRae): Sir, she says he was born in Hawaii.

MCRAE: OK.

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE: Yeah, in 1960 this was Hawaii, where his father, his father was also marrying there. This was Hawaii.

MCRAE: OK.

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE: Yeah.

MCRAE: Was, was, was Mrs. Obama, was sh–was she present? Was, was Mrs. Obama, see I thought you said she was present. Was she, was, was she, was she able to see him being, being born in, in Hawaii?

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE: (pause, silence) Hoh? (pause) Uh, yeah would you please pronounce?

MCRAE: OK I’m sorry. I, I thought she said she was present when he was born. I was—

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE (sounding exasperated): No, no! The, the woman was not present. She was uh not, a what–you see, she was here in Kenya, and Obama was born in America. That is, that’s obvious.

MCRAE: OK.

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE: Because, because the grandmother was married here in Kenya, and Obama was born in America, oh yeah, so his son, the little Obama, was marrying, was marrying, in America, in United States.

MCRAE: Oh, OK, fine. I mean, I–I just, I misunderstood what she was saying. I thought you said she was present when he was born.

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE: No, not present there. The present with me here was tonight. Not present so she can leave. No she was here in Kenya while he, uh, her son, the little Obama, was marrying in America. And, uh, he be present if it–

WOMAN’S VOICE (background): It was in Hawaii.

TRANSLATOR OGOMBE: –was in America there, why are they for, they go, they go, they go to some place, then the present isn’t here sir, he was born there in America.

MCRAE: OK. Well tell, tell her I would like to come by and see her when I am there in December. I would love to, uh, meet her personally and pray with her.

Fascinating the unedited tape of it clearly shows the preacher guy being repeatdly told no he was born in Hawaii. She says he was born in Hawaii while she was in Kenya.

As for school records guess what colleges cannot release their records. No one can get them not even your parents if you attended college from 1975 and up. It’s called privacy laws. Also guess what a lot of places throw out their records when someone turns as an adult. No one could get my kindergarten records and I went to Kindergarten several decades ago.

He has shown the BC the state of Hawaii confirmed it. McCain spent tens of millions of dollars trying to dig up dirt and found the story he wasn’t born in Hawaii to be idiotic.

Numerous federal and state agencies requested the birth certificate from Hawaii numerous times in his life long before he entered politics. They all gave him passports and other documentation that a US citizen would get.

Also it was never illegal to travel to Pakistan. Travel was never banned US citizens could enter through border crossings in India there were numerous articles published in travel magazines in the 1980s describing how to cross into Pakistan legally with a US passport.

January 20, 2010 at 7:38 pm
(78) James says:

It doesn’t really matter where he was born, because the Supreme Court declined to take up any of the cases challenging his legitimacy, thus giving their own seal of approval. Somewhat like the way they legitimzed Bush as president in 2000. I wasn’t thrilled with their decision in 2000, but the Constitution does provide them with that final say, so I quit worrying about Florida. Now, if we could only get these people who scream about the Constitution to listen to the Supreme Court…

February 26, 2010 at 6:22 pm
(79) Smoke says:

Fooled by TWO…. FOOLS Unbelieveable
Osama and john McCain BOTH were NOT NBC!!!!! EVER! and are unable to run for…. let alone take “OUR … $money$” .. to run for PRESIDENT! Both played and covered for each other? Bringing Sarah Palin into his lie was also to LET O win. That is were we get the “I WON JOHN” Now both deserve to be Imprisioned for TREASON. And we need to stop the cause and effect NOW! Sham/lies/cheated on!

May 7, 2010 at 6:49 pm
(80) Coo Coo for Coco Puffs says:

One would think that the Conservatives. . . with all of that money backing them. . . could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Obama was born in Kenya.

The obvious reason that they can’t is. . . Obama was born in Hawaii.

Me for one, I want them to keep up this alleged conspiracy. . .so that people with normal logic will count them out.

June 12, 2010 at 6:14 pm
(81) Jim Provenza says:

The Certficate of Birth from the Coast Province General Hospital in Mombasa, BRITISH Protectorate of Kenya seems to be better proof of place of birth than any of the other alleged legal certficates of a live birth. Argue about if Obama was really a British subject than US Citizen

June 25, 2010 at 11:39 pm
(82) catherine says:

I really don’t understand why it is so hard to conceive the idea that Barack Obama was not born in the U.S.? It is very possible and it seems that there is more than enough reasonable doubt that he was not. People who refuse to question this are afraid, as they should be. Because, if he has people willing to cover up something like this, I shudder to think what else they are capable of. Do you realize what would happen if this were proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, conclusive?? What do you really know about him and what has he done that merits your unrelenting trust?? You really trust him??? Really??

September 17, 2010 at 6:10 pm
(83) Steve66oh says:

@javalake – Thanks for posting the link to the press release from Hawaii at http://hawaii.gov/health/about/pr/2009/09-063.pdf .

But you’re wrong, I CAN argue with it. The doctor is certainly in a position to testify that he has seen the original birth record and can confirm that BHO was born in Hawaii. This press release is NOT a sworn statement, so it is not actually testimony, but I’ll even accept that this doctor WOULD swear to the same facts above if ever deposed or under subpoena.

But, this doctor is not a lawyer. Therefore, he could NEVER give a sworn statement as to BHO’s LEGAL STATUS. He has no training or expertise to interpret the laws regarding citizenship or the legal definition of “natural-born” in this or any other context. That would require this doctor’s statement to be repeated, under oath, by the Attorney General of Hawaii.

And that’s a “birther” claim that this site has not attempted to debunk – that the circumstances of BHO’s birth in Hawaii – time, place, non-citizen father and underage mother(*) – combine to exclude BHO from “natural-born” status.

Personally, I don’t care. BHO seems intent to subject people of the USA to the most dangerous, oppressive, economically unsound policies this nation has ever seen… and I hope he succeeds. His success will cripple our economy and our government – creating a brief, unsustainable period of “progressive” tyranny followed by a situation where I will be more free of government than ANY of his supporters would ever imagine!

(*) “underage” – not necessarily under 18, but under whatever age was the minimum, at that time, for the mother to pass her citizenship to her son.

April 20, 2011 at 5:00 pm
(84) becca says:

His mother had to be 16 to pass her citizenship to her child. She was 19. Well over the age of 16…

January 21, 2011 at 3:21 pm
(85) WAYNE says:

QUESTION: Is Obama a “Natural Born Citizen ‘of the United States of America ? :

Who knows for sure—he could end all speculation if he would just release his original valid birth certificate, not some easily attainable “certificate of birth” There must be some reason he is withholding it from the public. What is it ?

Other blogs q & a:

1. Why haven’t the other presidents had to produce birth certificates ? Perhaps they did without our knowledge, and if they didn’t, it is likely because they were not asked to do so or there was no reason to ask for it. Not the case today.

2. $100,000 reward for proof?
If there is a $100,000 reward out there for proof of Mr. Obama’s natural born American citizenship, why no takers ? Actually, if Mr. Obama produced the requested document he could claim the $100,000 reward himself——I guess .

3. Is it possible that Mr. Obama is a magician ? Word about is that he may have been born in two hospitals in Hawaii. Possibly Queens Center Medical Center (Audacity of Hope) and/or (the White House version), Kapiolani Medical Center. Is it possible that they may be one in the same ?

4. Race vs. Birth

It’s not his race that seems questioned, it is his country of birth.

5. Is there evidence of his birth in or out of the U.S ?
Certainly no legitimate documents saying he was born in the U.S.A.—-that is that he is willing to share.

January 28, 2011 at 5:55 am
(86) Elizabeth says:

In case any of you are not familiar with Politifact – they won a Pulitzer prize in 2009 for their work with truth in journalism – they do an excellent job in separating out the truth from lies and rhetoric across all political parties. They are known for their Obameter – a measure of promises kept and broken by President Obama.

Here is a link to their response to this fake Kenyan Birth Certificate:

I love how similar this “Kenyan” birth certificate is to this Austrailian birth certificate from a genealogy website (a link from Politifact’s page) – right down to the book and page number in the birth registry.

I know I don’t have a copy of my original birth certificate. I would have to get a copy from the county of my birth. If I was from Hawaii, it would be called a certificate of live birth (which, by the way, is what my son’s raised seal birth certificate says issued by the county of his birth). Hawaii does not have a “long form” birth certificate. That birth certificate is the legal copy of his birth certificate.

My husband was a Navy brat so he was born in Scotland. He does not have a certificate of live birth (or a birth certificate) issued by any entity in the United States because he was not born in the US. He has a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. (an FS-240) His birth certificate comes from Scotland. Obama would not be able to get a birth certificate from the state of Hawaii unless he was born there. They cannot issue a birth certificate to someone born in another country. If Obama was born in Kenya, there would be a consular report of birth abroad and no birth certificate (or certificate of live birth) from Hawaii.

April 25, 2011 at 2:10 am
(87) Andrew says:

I live in Indiana and I recently had to renew my drivers license so I went to renew it and it turns out I needed numerous proofs of citizenship, my birth certificate, proofs of marriage and more. I’m sure when you run for president you need much more (Including a birth certificate)

June 14, 2011 at 6:13 pm
(88) Jim says:

Are these “birthers” really this stupid? It boggles the mind. But then so does their confederate flags, their over stickered pickup trucks, their mom and dad being brother and sister etc. If these clowns were any dumber you would have to water them twice a week. God help us if these morons breed!

October 19, 2011 at 2:40 pm
(89) Marty says:

Jim

It sounds like you think that all, or most, of the “birthers” come from the South (the confederate flag jab) or are rural (the pickup truck ding). I can assure you that many “birthers” are from the north parts and, even California and the west. People in the south are not nearly as dumb as you would like to think! And not even pompous as you are!

October 19, 2011 at 2:35 pm
(90) Marty says:

You people really eat my guts out!! I am as anti Obama as anyone, but this stuff about him not being a “natural born” citizen has just about run it’s stupidity course.

First of all, Obama “not releasing” his birth certificate is ridiculous!! That is a matter of PUBLIC record! It is not held by the Mafia or anyone else, it is held by the state! A person can go down to where the records are and look at it. You don’t think the media, and particularly, the Republicans haven’t looked?

Second as for the “long form” and “short form” foolishness, NO ONE has a “long form” now, at least no one in an official position that would satisfy the “birthers”. All of that stuff is now on computer disks (HDD) to save storage space. As for Obama producing it, I couldn’t PRODUCE my long form BC, my Mom lost it a long time ago. I had to get a passport a few years ago and I sent to Tallahassee (I was born in Florida) and they sent me a, here it is, a copy that had “Certificate Of Live Birth” in the mail! It got me that passport!

Third, why are people so willing to accept something from “an unnamed source” in Kenya (internet fraud capital of the world). and not from a state of the United States Of America?? I don’t like Obama and am as conservative as they come, but the facts are the facts. He was born here and he is CONSTITUTIONALLY qualified to be president!

Last, all of this “birther” garbage just cloudy’s the main issues; Obama is a socialist and is going to sell our country down the river!! He WAS not experienced enough to be elected President and the damage that he is doing will take years to straighten out. That is reason enough to want him out, not a spurious hoax that has been PROVEN wrong over and over again.

October 15, 2013 at 5:02 pm