1. News & Issues

David Emery

Misspelled Prayer Request: 'Mike LaBlue' Family Fire

By May 19, 2010

Currently circulating on Facebook:

CAN EVERYONE PLEASE STOP PLAYING GAMES FOR 2 MINUTES AND REPOST THIS? PLEASE LIFT UP THE MIKE LABLUE FAMILY. HE LOST 4 DAUGHTERS, AGES 2-11 IN A HOUSE FIRE LAST NIGHT. HIS 3 YEAR OLD SON AND WIFE WERE ABLE TO ESCAPE. SHE'S CURRENTLY IN ICU WITH BURNS. I DON'T KNOW THIS FAMILY, BUT I DO KNOW THAT ONLY GOD CAN HEAL THEIR LIVES NOW. PLEASE RE-POST THIS AND START A FB PRAYER CHAIN. THANK YOU

And another version:

PASSING ON PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for the family of Mike LaBlue of Ragley, LA. They lost 4 daughters, ages 2-11 in a housefire last week... A 3 year old son and Mike's wife were able to escape. She is currently in ICU with burns. I do not personally know this family, but I DO know that only GOD can heal their lives now. Please repost this and ... start ... a FB Prayer Chain ♥

Sadly, it's all true except for the spelling of the family's name, which is "LeBleu" — not "LaBlue," "LaBleu," "LeBleau," or any of the other variants making the rounds.

KPLC 7 News in Lake Charles has more on the tragedy.

Comments

May 20, 2010 at 10:11 am
(1) Tim White says:

The story of the Lebleu fire is true. I am the District Fire Chief of Beauregard Parish Fire Dist #2, we had 6 stations and 31 firemen who responded that night and we did all we could to try to save them. We carried four little children out of that home, the mother and son escaped. The family and the firemen all need your prayers.

May 20, 2010 at 11:59 am
(2) Georgia Wild says:

Someone posted this story on Facebook with the incorrect spelling. Because of the rumors that are often , well just that, I wanted more information, hoping it was untrue. When I clicked on the Google story, all of my virus software alerts went bonkers. My computer had contracted no less than 10 viruses! Which the site kindly offered to clean up for me if I just download their cleanup program, ha! Be careful out there, it’s a cruel world that would take someone’s tragedy and use it for wickedness. This family and the firefighter’s are in our prayers. Thank you Mr. White and all of the responding firefighters. I know first-hand what it is like to lose a child and to see the efforts first responders made to try to save her. I think God has a special place in Heaven reserved for you.

May 20, 2010 at 2:32 pm
(3) Mary Kolk says:

I love your site. Now for the “but” does it really matter how the name is spelled? Prayers generate positive energy – and I’ve got a feeling the “force” or “universe” or God knows who we are praying for.
Thanks again for your site – you’ve cleared up soooo many emails for me. Maybe I am being nit-picky on this but I get the feeling you’re taking the truth to the nth degree! :)

March 19, 2011 at 2:28 am
(4) Kimberly says:

It doesn’t really matter if a name is misspelled, but that is what brought me to this page when my friend posted the prayer chain on March 19, 2011. It’s good to know what to pray for — as the mother is surely out of the hospital now, and the little boy may have turned 4 by now, or will soon. He remembers his sisters, and it brings him pain that they are gone — I pray that Jesus will fill the empty spots in his heart, and in his parents’ hearts.

May 20, 2010 at 9:39 pm
(5) MomtoWebster says:

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the truth to the “nth” degree! It’s so refreshing that you and a few others do fight for the truth to be told on the Internet. The truth does matter and even if it’s no more than correcting the spelling of a name, it is important to be factual when telling a story about living people who lost loved ones and who suffered. I rely heavily on you and on this blog site so that I can provide facts to correct all of the hoax messages and mistakes which clog the Internet. Thank you so much for sticking with the TRUTH!!!

July 14, 2010 at 1:31 am
(6) Rita says:

Healing Bedsour
My grandma(Mrs.Ghana Soundari) was suffering from severe bedsour.Her BP was low and pulse was going down.She was not able to drink or take food.Please pray to god to heal my grandma bedsour and releive her from pain.
Please pray for her to releive her from pain.Please prayer for her to heal from this sickness

July 20, 2010 at 3:49 pm
(7) BLUEBIRD says:

I ask for prayer, that my brother should not talk of God guided, and God’s wisdom to be valid for humans.

Similarly, I ask for prayer, the house where I live (apartment) should people faith in Jesus.
And that I could get myself to be God’s use of force and wisdom.
Now when I have time, when the pension age.

God bless you plenty of prayer, as well throughout your life.
Sister-bluebird
Jesus Christ is Lord ! :) )

l can call the miracles in Christ in all nations. ::))

August 5, 2010 at 1:57 pm
(8) Jay Alston says:

Do you know the firemen names, so that we can pray for them as well?

August 6, 2010 at 3:53 pm
(9) SynthemescTheX says:

Maybe if I saw the latter version first, I would have believed it more quickly instead of having to do some research. Honestly, nobody takes anybody seriously if they type in all caps. If this story is genuinely true, I would like to express my deepest sympathy to Mike, his three year old son, and the firemen who did their best to quell a tragedy.

March 15, 2011 at 2:49 am
(10) Angelique says:

*GOD GRANT STRENGTH*
&
*BLESSINGS TO THE FIRE FIGHTERS*

March 16, 2011 at 6:54 pm
(11) YOLANDA PRICE says:

I SINCERLY HAVE THE MR LEBLUE@ EVERYBODY ELSE THAT WAS AFFECTED BY THIS TRAGEDY..ONLY GOD CAN HEAL THEM..MY HEART GOES OUT TO THEM…GOD PLEASE PLACE YOUR HANDS UPON THEM AND GIVE THEM STRENGTH.

March 19, 2011 at 2:14 pm
(12) Taylor♥ says:

awh /:
i wanted too cry when i read this ):

July 8, 2011 at 5:01 pm
(13) Sfar says:

Maybe we should all just pray for god to stop burning people to death in fires.

July 9, 2011 at 11:22 pm
(14) God says:

Sfar,

Don’t be silly, I don’t burn you people to death in fires… I’m more partial to floods.

P.S. You realize I know where you live, right?

- GOD

July 13, 2011 at 5:03 pm
(15) Hope says:

Whom ever did this post should be ashamed of themselves! I am a Volinteer Fire Fighter in my community this is no joking matter! You should not get any joy off of others pain! When you want to make fun of others pain you should put yourself in there shoes and see how funny it is them!!!!!! To all the Fire Fighter out there who Attened this fire I will have you in my Prayers, and to all other Fire Fighers, wether they are Volinteer or Payed PLEASE STAY SAFE and remember you are a part of something much bigger then anyone could ever think of! People do not realize what we do when we are out there “We Fire Fighter Run Into The Danger When Others Are Running Away” So everyone should remember this when you pick-up a phone to call us for any Medical or Fires Emergency and we do not take offence to what is said, and we will alwase be there in an Emergency NO MATTER WHAT and we will always give you the respect you deserve

July 11, 2011 at 1:50 pm
(16) teena says:

While its true it did happen in May 2010. Condolences and prayers to all involved.

People need to be aware the posts going around a year later on fb are links to virus sites!!!!

Those seeking further information about the family should approach the matter cautiously, however, because it has been reported some Facebook links (in which the family surname is misspelled as LaBlue) purporting to take readers to news stories about the tragedy instead load viruses onto users’ computers when clicked.

November 26, 2011 at 7:40 am
(17) Cole stevens says:

I feel so bad about the news, im praying for the family

January 23, 2012 at 10:16 pm
(18) ulana says:

One word: “snopes”

September 25, 2013 at 10:16 pm
(19) tameka says:

Bless us all

October 25, 2013 at 10:17 am
(20) Jackie Schierenberg says:

Praying with you ..tears in my eyes.. Love and Sorrow in my Heart..

May 9, 2014 at 8:26 am
(21) Megan LeBleu says:

For anyone who has doubts about this story let me clear it up right now. This is very true and had been very tragic for out entire family. Mike and Amy still have a very rough time with this but live life the best they can. They are two of the strongest and most loving people I have ever known. Those girls were some of the sweetest and most respectful children you could come across. If it will help ease anyone’s mind to know I can tell you that they did not burn alive. It was the smoke inhalation. As the 4th anniversary is coming up in just a few days please continue to pray for them as they still feel the pain from this along with many other obstacles that have been thrown their way. Thank you all for your prayers.