1. News & Issues

David Emery

HIV+ Pepsi

By July 18, 2011

Making the rounds via SMS, Facebook, and Twitter:

Dont drink the pepsi products they are contaminated from blood from a HIV person
I received a text saying please don't drink Pepsi a worker put his blood (HIV +) into some bottles. Be careful.

False on two counts:

1. There have been no reports in any reliable source of Pepsi products contaminated with blood or other bodily fluids.
  2. According to the Centers for Disease Control, the AIDS virus is short-lived outside the human body and poses no risk if consumed. Read the details...
  3. Keep up with Urban Legends:
    Urban Legends on Facebook
    Follow Urban Legends on Twitter

Comments

July 20, 2011 at 3:18 pm
(1) Robert says:

Thank you. I received numerous of texts and messages relating to this subject, and now I know the truth so I can spread this message to others.

August 3, 2011 at 2:24 pm
(2) chris says:

Never ever heard this one! Glad to know its not true though. I prefer Coke anyway!

July 20, 2011 at 6:06 pm
(3) deshel says:

Thank you..! I too received these texts… and I will forward the word… and get a Pepsi on the way home. :)

November 21, 2011 at 2:09 am
(4) ashraf says:

a farmer:i have used so many chemicals including endosulfan to protect my plants from disease and no use.now i find another chemical and i am succeeded because im using 50%pepsi n 50% coke to protect my plants.

November 28, 2011 at 1:43 pm
(5) ASHFAQUE AHMED says:

AS SALAM W ALAIKUM
ASHRAF BHAI PLZ CONTACT ME ON PERSONEL LEVEL INSHA ALLAH WE WILL TRY LEVEL BEST .I EXPECT WE WILL SUCSESS IN U R PROJECT’ ALLAH HAFIZ

July 21, 2011 at 4:06 pm
(6) cajunmomma says:

I just received the text message and searched for the truth. I will continue to work and buy me a Pepsi on the way home.

July 22, 2011 at 4:10 am
(7) Lucky says:

U guys mad i live pepsi there is no such

July 29, 2011 at 3:23 am
(8) philp says:

U ARE GOING TO DIE VERY SOON MY FRIEND

July 22, 2011 at 2:29 pm
(9) Dawn says:

Im from south florida jus moved to philly, i got this txt from many people in both places

July 24, 2011 at 3:24 pm
(10) unknown says:

He need two be fired

November 1, 2011 at 8:19 am
(11) harsh says:

its true ……..
us salle ko mardena chaiye

July 25, 2011 at 3:31 pm
(12) Theresa0485 says:

I just got this text from someone this morning…um if this was the case, almost the whole world would have AIDS and it would b in the news…people need to get a life! LOL Hilarious!

July 29, 2011 at 3:25 am
(13) PHILP says:

IF U DRINK DO U THINK THE WHOLE WORLD IS DRINKING PEPSI, THEN U R A FOOL

July 25, 2011 at 7:29 pm
(14) Starr says:

Iam A BIg! Pepsi Drinker..Thank Yop For Clarification..

July 28, 2011 at 12:59 am
(15) lol at u fools says:

If you Fools believe that, then i have a 3 dollar bill i want to sell each of you for as lil as $9.99 + Tax and a 15% handling charge. due to so many fools a limit of 5 per house hold. shipping charges will apply.

u can purchase it on ebay, myfake.com or plenty of fools.com check or food stamps ONLY..

July 30, 2011 at 3:38 pm
(16) charles obi says:

I was S???????????? scared when I heard the news ??? M????????? family was scared too but today I’ll go ??? tell M????????? friends,family ??? everybody around ??????? that it is safe T??????? drink…may God bless ?r company…

August 10, 2011 at 3:29 am
(17) Ms. Remi says:

Praise GOD that was a hoax and not real whomever needs to buy a life!

August 30, 2011 at 2:31 am
(18) Felicia says:

This sounds familiar. Didn’t a hoax like this go around in the ’90′s?

August 31, 2011 at 5:31 am
(19) chubbyd says:

If nobody has worked this out yet, PEPSI is an acronymn used by medics for a course of treatment given immediately after someone suspects he or she may have been exposed to the virus. It has nothing to do with Pepsi Cola.

Post Exposure Prophylactic following Sexual Intercourse.

September 18, 2011 at 11:09 am
(20) abitamil says:

THANKS FOR THE MESSAGE. HERE AFTER I WON’T USE THE PEPSICO PRODUCTS AND I WON’T ALLOW MY FRIENDS AND OTHERS TO DRINK THAT PRODUCTS. PLEASE AVOID THIS KIND OF CRUEL INCIDENTS.

November 11, 2011 at 11:50 pm
(21) Anand says:

This stupid rumour is spreading all over the world am from India and my frnds forwarding this msg to me since a week now ..all i can say LOL ! oh btw Cold Drinks like Coke\Pepsi (with or without HIV) is deftly not good for health :P

November 17, 2011 at 11:23 pm
(22) LeemaRobert says:

Thank you for the clarification.

November 22, 2011 at 2:28 pm
(23) unknown says:

i dont knoe if dis is true or false but after drinking coke iam feeling sick

November 25, 2011 at 11:03 pm
(24) ELINA says:

Is that true?? u felt sick?? omg…. its a need to know the truth!! but why should that worker do that./?

November 24, 2011 at 10:37 am
(25) mudit srivastava says:

Its dangerous it should be enquired as soon as possible

November 28, 2011 at 12:19 pm
(26) Rajini K says:

Thanks for the information. even i got doubt that how the HIV can leave for longer time in pepsi.. Its just a funny rumor…..

December 1, 2011 at 6:19 pm
(27) abidi says:

we already stopped drinking coke and Pepsi and all their products because of boycott…as they all support Zionist lobby …. and israel …. even nestle product…so….i have nothing to worry ….

December 7, 2011 at 2:10 pm
(28) salai says:

Thanks.. It is very dangerous for all people..

December 9, 2011 at 7:01 am
(29) Jejewham says:

Whew!! Thanks for this helpful info..

A while ago, we had our christmas party and someone brought 2 bottles of Pepsi. We were just pouring glasses when someone recalled this rumor. As a result, we spilled our drinks.. What a waste…

January 4, 2012 at 8:40 am
(30) Miranda Resmond says:

Noooooo! This isn’t true! Actually, some time ago, I just drank a cup of pepsi and I’m just feeling fine…. Nothing has happened to me!!! Okay guys, think practically…. FACE THE FACT! This rumor has been going on from JULY 2011… Some ppl might not have believed in this… So they would’ve drank pepsi or coke….. Example my daddy! He drinks at least 2 cups of pepsi every 5 days…. He’s been doing this for 5 months….. But he is just normal….. There are many ppl who drink pepsi or coke every DAY…. And wouldn’t this have been flash news? Wouldn’t this be a noted epidemic? These r all just rumours! Don’t believe this… Websites like hoax-slayer and urban legends…. Nobody says there is HIV in pepsi or coke….. Of course…. These both aren’t healthy…. But there isn’t any harm in drinking it! PLEASE BELIEVE ME!