1. News & Issues

David Emery

Attention Facebookers: Pepsi Doesn't Hate God!

By August 5, 2011

Behold the pious fury of Facebook users (as posted earlier today):

Don't buy the new Pepsi can coming out with pictures of the Empire State Building & The Pledge of Allegiance on them. Pepsi Left Out 2 BIG words on the pledge "Under God". Pepsi said they didn't want to offend anyone, so if we don't buy them they won't be offended when they don't get our money that has the words "In God We Trust" on it. How fast can you repost this???

Behold example #2:

Don't buy the patriotic pepsi can coming out with pictures of the empire state building and the pledge of allegiance on them. Pepsi left out two little words on the pledge "Under God". Pepsi said they didn't want to offend anyone. If we don't buy them, pepsi won't be offended when they don't receive our money that HAS the words,... "In God We Trust" on it...!!!

Still a hoax, still false

Now listen up, Facebookers. None of the above was true when this hoax first started circulating nine years ago — NINE YEARS AGO! — and it's still not true today. No such Pepsi can exists. It never did.

How fast can you repost THAT?  (Click here to share)

Read more:
Pepsi Omits 'Under God' in Patriotic Can Promotion?

Comments

March 24, 2011 at 1:09 pm
(1) robert says:

pepsi should leave out “with liberty & justice for all.”

August 4, 2011 at 12:33 am
(2) haha says:

hahahahahahahhaha

August 11, 2011 at 11:47 am
(3) Ross says:

The way I figure, is if Obama gets a 2nd term in the White House, it *WILL* be fact — NOT fiction!
Read a list of questions leading up. It SOUNDED to me like it was Da Big O. But in fact, the answer was Adolf Hitler!
They draw that close a parallel!

September 14, 2011 at 9:14 pm
(4) NORTHWEST says:

True! so true!

March 25, 2011 at 11:19 am
(5) lazyeight says:

As if those words (under God) were included in the original Pledge in the first place. Not to mention that the Pledge was not handed to Moses on Mt. Sinai in the first place.
Surely by now everyone should know that they were added in the ’50s. The logic being ‘no self respecting Godless Communist would ever use those words”. What a crock on many levels!

March 31, 2011 at 12:51 pm
(6) doodle says:

Not to mention the author of original Pledge was a socialist. Which for some reason seems to come up as, “Those Godless Socialists who want to remove ‘under God’ from our pledge…”

July 6, 2011 at 11:14 pm
(7) Rhett says:

Uh no it wasnt pledge and the money it was never on it was added later by a group of lutherans who pushed for it and it was added after that. Learn your damn history and you call yourself an American.

March 25, 2011 at 1:41 pm
(8) TD says:

It’s not like they can can room and often the omission usually has the can focus on “One Nation…Indivisible” which is a patriotic phrase as well.

March 31, 2011 at 10:39 am
(9) Majick1 says:

THERE IT IS! Too many people trusting in a God who screwed up so badly creating EVERYTHING, that he is powerless to make it right. Get a life and contribute to it, instead of contributing to the world’s oldest profession.

August 4, 2011 at 12:31 am
(10) Wow says:

Wow really?

August 10, 2011 at 7:03 pm
(11) Resonding says:

That’s about one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard, or read for that matter. (shaking my head)

August 12, 2011 at 6:10 pm
(12) Shemp9971 says:

God wasn’t the one that screwed up. There’s this concept out there known as freewill. Bad things simply happen.

March 31, 2011 at 10:46 am
(13) SYS says:

It was a hoax nine years ago, and it’s still a hoax. I’m a Christian and I don’t buy into that bullcrap. I know about the original limited-edition Dr. Pepper cans that first inflamed the idiot element, and I had no problem whatsoever with those cans at the time. These idiots who would write something like that in the first place, AND the flaming idiots who keep exhuming this hoax and all the rest of them that make Christians appear stupid, ignorant, and mean-spirited — do NOT speak for me!!!

August 6, 2011 at 1:11 pm
(14) Neil says:

Well I totally agree with you on that one SYS…. I never buy into total bullcrap :-)

March 31, 2011 at 10:59 am
(15) Snert says:

Why worry about it?
Is it a life of death situation here?
There are very many different religions and if somebody selling comestables tries to appease each and every, they offend all.
Me personally, I flat don’t give a damn.
My beer cans don’t mention any gods.

August 6, 2011 at 4:15 pm
(16) chris says:

I think religion has too much power. If people are religious, great for them, but don’t force it on everyone..thanks

April 2, 2011 at 7:58 pm
(17) USA says:

It does not matter who wrote the pledge the only thing that matters is Pepsi has no power to change the pledge any way they want .
that is why it is still a rumor!

July 1, 2011 at 8:26 pm
(18) UnderGod says:

If it is a hoax it will soon be exposed. But if it is not a hoax I will never again buy ANY Pepsi product. To many choices for me to miss one that attacks my faith as well as love of country.

August 7, 2011 at 1:00 pm
(19) Elvis is Alive! says:

Uh, did you even read the article? You seem to have a great deal of faith in your own ignorance.

August 12, 2011 at 6:16 pm
(20) Shemp9971 says:

I think it sounds like a hoax. You’ve gotta take some of these things with a grain of salt.

August 4, 2011 at 9:25 pm
(21) Michele Cook says:

This may not be true, but it is true that pepsi co uses aborted baby cells to test their “flavor enhancers” for their product, and that is “unGodly” enough for me.

August 5, 2011 at 12:34 pm
(22) Classielady says:

What???? That is just ridicious

August 15, 2011 at 11:41 am
(23) Marvin says:

Surely it’s a parody. Some people will believe almost anything, but it’s difficult to believe anyone would buy into this one.

August 5, 2011 at 12:36 pm
(24) Classielady says:

I don’t get what in the world people are going on and on about this. Why don’t they just google this and find out the whole truth first. My goodness…. Why keep bringing this up over and over again.

August 11, 2011 at 1:18 pm
(25) RandyLeanear says:

~So is this also “Separation of Church and Advertisement”?

August 12, 2011 at 6:13 pm
(26) Shemp9971 says:

Yeah, I would have to say that all of these back and forth arguments make America as a nation look sillier and sillier every day. No wonder we’ve become such a laughingstock in other parts of the world. The Obama haters are such jealous and delusional individuals. It’s unbelievable.

August 13, 2011 at 10:30 pm
(27) Laurie says:

Um, the only thing that makes America a laughing stock is that pathetic excuse of a president. Why would anyone ever be jealous of a president??

August 15, 2011 at 11:33 am
(28) Marvin says:

Laurie(25):
Possibly true, but he left office in January 2009. The international opinion of our electorate has improved some since then.

September 9, 2011 at 8:22 am
(29) jerome says:

Wtf do we fight for if the things the majority holds dear to our hearts gets taken away from us??! Do you think for one effing min. They would take their god out so they wont offend us!!? Seriously wtf are people even doing here in America if they dont like what this country was found on..God and country..now I feel this country is full pencil pushing cowards and are afraid of ruffling some feathers..what if the armed forces decided not to fight for peace because they didn’t believe in it!?? Yall would be speaking a foreign language..

September 11, 2011 at 12:51 pm
(30) Joe Skovira says:

You lost a 55 year customer unless you apologize. And I posted it on all social pages!!!

March 23, 2012 at 9:51 pm
(31) Debra says:

You MUST read this~ Pepsi is accused of USING ABORTED HUMANS to DEVELOP FLAVOR enhancers to trick OUR brains in to wanting MORE of their product??? WHY doesn’t PEPSI answer OUR QUESTIONS?

This is just plain SICK~ and Pepsico produces A LOT of the foods we “love”.
We can not trust the makers of SO many of our foods and beverages… they choose GREED and profit for themselves over food quality and safety. Adding chemicals into things that used to have REAL ingredients because it saves
them a few cents..

AGAIN…… USING ABORTED HUMANS to DEVELOP FLAVOR enhancers to trick OUR brains in to wanting MORE of their product??? )c:
From the article:

…”In that filing, PepsiCo pleaded with the SEC to reject a Shareholder’s Resolution filed in October 2011 that the company “adopt a corporate policy that recognizes human rights and employs ethical standards which do not involve using the remains of aborted human beings in both private and collaborative research and development agreements.”

This article is MY last straw with trusting food companies – This is by far the worse~ but they also own Tropicana which willingly gave us an illegal in the USA fungicide in our juice for years, and only recently got caught… random order…. I am angry that other companies I trusted, switched to chemical additives in MY RANCH dressing in order to add to their own profit, at the expense of customer satisfaction… Frozen Chicken..that is AIR puffed and all batter….Peanut butter of my favorite brand having had fecal matter in it….

I KNOW this is a fallen world , but for crying out loud~

August 14, 2012 at 8:48 pm
(32) Kathy Chambers says:

Bet you are getting a paycheck from pepsi. Sorry but if I read that on a pepsi product, I am done with pepsi!! And you can lie about it, but people can read, and they will and know you are a liar paid by pepsi!

February 4, 2013 at 1:02 am
(33) Debbie king says:

The main words should still be GOD on the can, that’s what’s wrong with
This world people are starting to leave God out of everything. And that so wrong.i will never buy a Pepsi again. And u better beleive me I am spread ing. The word. DON’T BUY PEPSI. YOU DO NOT LEAVE GOD OUT OF
THE PICTURE..

May 8, 2013 at 5:23 pm
(34) Bear10 says:

1) the current “so called” president is worthless. He is slowly taking away all of your freedoms. Wake up! Based on facts, not opinion. Obama claims to be a Christian, but you can’t be a Christian if you believe homosexuality is okay. Sorry, but the Bible speaks out against it so he is of another religion and he does not believe in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2) If pepsi is truly making cans and leaving God out of our pledge then we all should stop buying their product if we are truly Americans. Which with every year that rolls by America is looking more and more like a foreign country instead of the country I grew up in and I am only 49 years old.
3) I consider myself a true Patriot because I do my research before reacting to anyone’s comments or opinions. A lot of people give their opinion instead of facts.
4) I am saddened by a lot of the comments that I have read. This is truly what happens when you take God out of our schools and government offices. Even if you are not a Christian, what is wrong with striving to follow the 10 Commandments? If everyone were to try and follow them word for word the country and world we be a much better place to live. Read them and you will see what I am talking about, but don’t have an opinion about the 10 Commandments if you haven’t even read them.

August 12, 2013 at 6:40 pm
(35) joyce. says:

well you are hurting AMERICAN AND CHRISTIAN there is only one God and I dont belive in idol I belive in the one who created us all and that God Almight you should not spend American Money .What is wrong with you people

August 20, 2013 at 3:53 am
(36) Don'tBearFalseWitness says:

To Bear10… Umm, explain to me what exactly does being a Christian have to do with a persons beliefs on homosexuality? The last I checked, a Christian is defined by whether or not a person accepts Christ as their Lord and Savior – we all sin and as sinners we are all to STRIVE to be more Christ-like but not one of us will ever come close.

Secondly, it seems to me that you’ve conveniently ignored several other teachings of the bible, starting with honoring and showing respect to your leaders – you might want to look that up and read it a few times, as well as the teachings of loving our fellow men.

We Christians are called to bring people to Christ, and it seems to me that rants such as this have the exact opposite effect – just something to consider…