1. News & Issues

David Emery

Mega Millions Winner Splitting Proceeds with Facebook Sharers? April Fools!

By April 1, 2012

This dude actually won and hes planin on splittin a little with anyone who shares his update sooo im sharin

(UPDATED) Given that the alleged winning ticket in the photo above was purchased in California (lottery officials say the actual winning tickets, worth a total of $656 million, were sold in Maryland, Kansas, and Illinois), and that some of the numbers on the ticket show telltale signs of tampering, none of the 80,000+ gullible Facebook users who've shared it so far should plan on striking it rich any time soon.

It's April Fools' Day. Coincidence?

Read more about it:
3 Mega Millions Winning Tickets Sold in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland
Mega Millions Winner Buys Ticket in Baltimore Co.

Comments

April 1, 2012 at 5:52 pm
(1) paul says:

this IMO,SCAM, started Friday,it appears to me to be done to promote
his commercial facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/SteezylucK

Quote the caption”OMG!!! I know it is more money then i’d ever need! So whoever “Shares” this photo I would split equally amongst them some WINNINGS!! If you want “Like” SteezylucK’s page too, its me and my buddies goofy videos!”

link; https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/542545_10150703868805890_501055889_9403618_1157103915_n.jpg

April 2, 2012 at 4:57 pm
(2) Kayla says:

hahaha! this would be someone i know, its a very large April Fools joke, and is continuing on just because of the vast number of people who STILL think its real. i dont get how anyone can be mad over this, sure we all need money, can we not still smile and laugh? best prank ever pulled!

April 5, 2012 at 9:45 pm
(3) Tim says:

if this is an april fools joke… it’s the meaniest… there are soo many people suffering… and one person has all of that…

April 6, 2012 at 11:22 am
(4) brandie says:

Wow. Why is everyone so sensitive! If people REALLY believed this guy was going to pass out money to complete strangers just for clicking a button on Facebook, they are painfully gullible. Get a grip. It was an April fool’s joke, and not for nothing but a brilliant marketing technique. People need to lighten up. There wasnt anything MEAN about it.

July 27, 2012 at 11:32 am
(5) Stephen G says:

Haha yes it was a joke. It made me laugh to see how many people are so greedy that when they found out or assumed it was fake then they got SOOOOOOOOOO worked up knowing they aren’t getting any money. GJ to me.

October 25, 2012 at 8:27 am
(6) prank hoax says:

One should firstly think is that possible?? rather it’s a big april fool joke and nothing else… by pressing a button and one get money is really a funny thing and nothing else…