As posted on Facebook:
The above image keeps popping up on Facebook, Reddit, Tumblr, Twitter, etc. with the claim that it's a pic of Tropical Storm Isaac approaching the coast of Florida.
The photo has been making the rounds since 2005, if not before, and according to meteorologists documents the formation of a supercell thunderstorm over an unidentified body of water.
Update: This 2003 image is also circulating with the bogus claim that it's Isaac approaching. It isn't.
Read more about it:
• No, Photo of Ominous Cloud Not From Tropical Storm Isaac
• Tabloid Watch: MailOnline Fooled by Fake Isaac Photo
• The Real Story Behind the Incredible Storm Photo that Just Won't Die
Previous storm hoaxes:
• 'Hurricane Katrina' Hoax
• 'Hurricane Isabel' Hoax
• Texas Oil Rig Tornado w/Lightning
• 'New York City Tornado' Hoax
• 'Harrisburg Tornado' Hoax
• 'Hurricane Lili Waterspouts' Hoax