(UPDATED 08/27/13) Twitter twits are tweeting today:
• Adam Sandler died in a snowboard accident? WTF?!?!
• So now Adam sandler died in a snowboardin accident????
• Did Adam sandler really die?
Just in case you're not clear, the question of the hour is: Is Adam Sandler dead? Did he really die in a snowboard accident? Can the Internet story possibly be true?
The answer, folks, is no. It's a hoax. The same hoax that first went around in Dec. 2010 and has kept going around ever since. The same hoax about which I previously wrote:
An online report claiming that actor/comedian Adam Sandler died today in a snowboard accident is a hoax the same hoax, in fact, that fooled umpteen-hundred Twitter users into thinking Charlie Sheen died in a snowboard accident just a few days before.
The source of the misinformation, "Global Associated News," is a prank website on which users can create bogus news stories by inserting celebrity names into pre-existing templates.
As long as I have your attention, allow me to introduce you to a handy-dandy alternative to online gossip called "news." Use it!
Read more about it:
• E! Online: Adam Sandler Dead Again and Again
Celebrity urban legends:
• Is Megan Fox a Man?
• Is Lady Gaga a Man?
• Did Ciara Have a Sex Change?
• Did J.Lo Insure Her Butt for $1 Billion?
• Was Mr. Rogers a Trained Military Assassin?
• Is Jamie Lee Curtis a Hermaphrodite?
• Did Rod Stewart Have Semen Pumped from His Stomach?
• Did Richard Gere Put a Gerbil in His Butt?