1. News & Issues

David Emery

This Is NOT a Picture of Trayvon Martin

By July 4, 2013

This is NOT Trayvon Martin
This image is currently circulating via forwarded email with the false claim that it depicts Trayvon Martin, the teenager fatally shot by George Zimmerman in Sanford, Florida last year. Autopsy results show that Martin, whom the email describes as a 6'2", 175-pound "thug," stood only 5'11" and weighed 158 pounds.

The actual subject of this photograph is 33-year-old rapper Game, who posed for it in 2010.

Read more:
A Real Photo of Trayvon Martin?
Fake Photo of Trayvon Martin Still Making Rounds

Comments

July 11, 2013 at 12:35 pm
(1) Jan says:

As far as I’m concerned, circulating this picture and claiming it is Trayvon Martin is a hate crime. “Game” may or may not be a perfectly decent human being, but this picture is portraying a thug – and posing in such a manner definitely calls into question his common sense.

July 14, 2013 at 3:29 am
(2) Emdee says:

Oh my God, guys. This was a racial Internet joke. You can’t take this seriously.

July 14, 2013 at 8:15 pm
(3) Meg says:

I agree, Emdee, but so many people have used this photo and believe it is Trayvon Martin. My father forward this to me and was like “Yeah, here is the kid you’ve been defending all this time.” It is really misleading for people who are too lazy to get more sources for their arguments.

July 15, 2013 at 2:37 pm
(4) Nancy Evins says:

If Zimmerman had obeyed the dispatcher’s suggestion or order…tha the stay where he was and let the police handle it, there would have not been all this uproar and a teenager (whether of good or bad character) would not be dead.

And, btw, where were the police during all this?

July 16, 2013 at 3:10 pm
(5) bj renaud says:

Never the less why did not just run away like normal young boy might do?
Gee why didn’t all those type of protestors do the same about O J ?

July 16, 2013 at 11:16 pm
(6) teaj says:

all the phony pictures they have been putting up on the news as fact they have to assume people are dumb enough to think this is actually Trayvon. and not the Game.

July 21, 2013 at 3:58 pm
(7) Sue Mason says:

To Nancy – And if Trayvon Martin would not have jumped
on George Zimmerman and banged his head against the
cement till it bled, there would have been no shooting.

July 26, 2013 at 1:11 pm
(8) David Pomeroy says:

Emdee …With due respect, this trash came to me in the guise of a serious message, no attempt to cast it in a humorous way. Listen to your better angels, everyone.

July 26, 2013 at 5:45 pm
(9) Robertukas says:

When I got the picture at first I didn’t believed that it is martin’s too. But now since I saw it on many websites I can not dismiss this. I can not say that I have the confirmation of that, but I don’t have confirmation on the picture on TV news. either.. So it’s TV vs. internet. I Cannot say that one is right another is wrong. I still trying to pretend that this is democratic country.

July 27, 2013 at 12:20 pm
(10) Grundleman says:

Young Mr. Martin did not have to turn around and accost Mr. Zimmerman. He too made a mistake albeit more costly.

July 27, 2013 at 12:50 pm
(11) Maria says:

Could you please cite ANY website or news outlet that reported that photo of the old rapper “Game” as a photo of Trayvon Martin? No one thinks that is Martin. The only people using that rapper photo are anti-Zimmerman people who falsely claim it’s being distributed by Zimmerman supporters.

After Trayvon’s death, his parents released angelic photos of him between the ages of 12 and 14 to sway public opinion. The more recent photos of him found on his twitter account, facebook account, and cell phone showed he looked very different. Martin frequently wore a gold grill in his mouth and his favorite pose was flipping people the double bird. There are also legitimate photos of him refereeing a fight and smoking pot.

News Channel 6 in Orlando published the legitimate cell phone photos of Trayvon HERE. Not very flattering.