1. News & Issues
You can opt-out at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy for contact information.

Discuss in my forum

David Emery

Yes, Internet, Black Friend Connect Is a Hoax

By August 19, 2013

Follow me on:

Black Friend Connect

Read the testimonials. Case closed.

Comments

August 22, 2013 at 8:42 am
(1) Paul says:

Just because of the testimonials, it doesn’t mean the site is a hoax

August 22, 2013 at 7:41 pm
(2) Jayne Hawthorne says:

I am the person who posted the original story. Yes, we don’t know exactly how Jake died. All we know is that in the short 3 weeks that the dog park was open the gates are being left open and the main gate has been damaged. Jake dies suddenly after being completely healthy, and only 5 days after Jake died there was broken glass in the play area. It appears that someone isn’t happy about the dog park at that location.
My sister was in complete shock and all alone. She didn’t put the pieces together until later relaying the events to my Mom on the phone. It was then that she went back to get the ball. It had to be about a half an hour from the time Jake picked up that ball and by the time he was dead. She did not have the money to pay for the autopsy. She barely could pay for the cremation.
To set the record straight, Jake had ben running and playing for some time before picking up the nerf ball. His heart was pumping, and the blood circulating faster than at rest. Then, Jake drank water. That, too, sped up the pace of absorption. Then Jake ran 1 or 2 more laps before going home where he collapsed and died.
I noticed that you mentioned that it was a ball and not food. Food would be out of place at the dog park and someone would probably throw it away before any dog got it. How innocent is the ball? It is something expected to be seen at a park. Someone would not think another thing about it and probably let the dog play with it.
Now this dog has run in my back yard many times before, showing no signs of any distress. If this was your dog, what would you conclude? I did not post this to go viral. I didn’t even know it was until being contacted by PET360. I just wanted other dog parents to be aware so that nobody has to go through the heartache my sister is going through. I posted this for my friends with dogs.
So judge if you must. But it happened and it’s real. I won’t allow anyone to mock it.

Leave a Comment


Line and paragraph breaks are automatic. Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title="">, <b>, <i>, <strike>

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.