Contrary to what's claimed in an article published yesterday on NationalReport.net, the Dearborn, Michigan City Council did not vote to implement Sharia law there over the weekend.
A list of the Council's scheduled meeting dates shows that members last met on Oct. 24 and meet meet next on Oct. 29. There was no City Council meeting this past weekend.
To remind everyone yet again, National Report is a satire website. Nothing they publish is true. See more examples of their handiwork below.
Update: The City of Dearborn issued a press release on Oct. 30 labeling the National Report article "false" and "phony." Dearborn mayor Jack O'Reilly was quoted as follows: "Dearborn has never been, nor ever will be, under sharia law. We are governed by the U.S. Constitution, the Constitution of the State of Michigan and the City of Dearborn Charter."
More 'news' from NationalReport.net:
• President Obama Sedated Following Emotional Breakdown
• Ray Romano Dead, "Gutted Like a Fish"
• Whales "Radiated to Death" by Fukushima
• RFID Microchip Implants Mandated in Wyoming Town
Read more about NationalReport.net:
• When Fake News Goes Viral
• Satirical Article Creates Stir in Wyoming Town
• Website Claims Mayor Banned Twerking
• Fake News Story Causes Stir in DeQuincey
• "National Report" Proves That Not Everyone On Internet Can Write Satire