1. News & Issues

David Emery

No, Facebookers, Bill Gates Isn't Giving Money to Everyone Who Shares This Photo

By April 1, 2014

Circulating via Facebook

Above: Photo of Bill Gates holding a sign reading, "As some of you may know, I'm Bill Gates. If you click that share link, I will give you $5,000. I always deliver, I mean, I brought you Windows XP, right?"

Sorry to break it to the tens of thousands of folks who've already spammed it all over Facebook, but this is a Photoshop prank, and a fairly obvious one at that.

In the original, undoctored image, taken in February 2013 during an AMA session on Reddit.com, the sign simply said, "Hi Reddit, This is Bill Gates."

Cf. Bill Gates Is Sharing His Fortune! circa 1999.

Comments

February 15, 2013 at 2:38 pm
(1) Lmao101 says:

Has no one noticed the dildo in the back by now…

February 21, 2013 at 6:09 pm
(2) ShanghaiJohnnyP says:

Just proves that people’ll beleive anything whether it’s transplanted miocrochips to track our every move or Bill Gates giving you$5000.00
because you saw his photo online!!!
WWFAJD:What Would Frank Abignale Junior Do.*
(*Leonardo DiCaprio played him in the 2002 biopic”Catch Me If You Can”.).
“Adult Supervision is Required”-Calvin Candie(Leonardo DiCaprio)”Django Unchained”.

February 21, 2013 at 6:33 pm
(3) Godwick says:

Not just a dildo, but a dragon dildo…

The first thing I noticed about this picture was that it was a poorly photoshopped variant of his reddit AskMeAnything verification: http://i.imgur.com/vlMjEgF.jpg

The second thing I noticed was that the reddit mascot in the original photo had been replaced by a massive dildo. It’s like whoever made it was saying “F*** you! Poor, stupid people who believe this!”

The third thing I noticed was the word “delivered.” Makes me think someone from 4chan made this.

February 23, 2013 at 7:12 am
(4) waseem mirza says:

So what’s order for me sir plZ tell me

February 25, 2013 at 3:15 am
(5) beretta for sale says:

Someone essentially help to make seriously posts I’d state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and to this point? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this particular submit incredible. Great task!

April 6, 2013 at 9:35 pm
(6) Anonymous says:

The painting in the background is changed as well.

May 1, 2013 at 11:19 am
(7) JS says:

Besides a Bad Dragon dildo, there’s a picture of a naked dinosaur/dragon thing above the dildo. A furry’s handiwork.

June 14, 2013 at 5:19 am
(8) andy pandy says:

so ive been waiting ages on some sort of payment or reply from billy … how do i get my money?

July 11, 2013 at 10:06 pm
(9) Haha says:

Dildo and dragon dick picture on the wall brought to you by BadDragon.com and Narse ;)

August 2, 2013 at 11:17 pm
(10) Alex says:

You know what I can’t believe you rebellious people who goes against nature and post vile affectionate things that are an error in the eye of humanity and God

January 13, 2014 at 6:18 pm
(11) Rita James says:

Hello mr gates .it will be the most greatest gift in a life time .to me if you ever give some of your money to me .thank you .

February 27, 2014 at 8:40 am
(12) hridoy says:

Sir how to i get money from sir bilgates

March 26, 2014 at 12:21 pm