The Clinton Body Count (aka 'Clinton Body Bags')
Netlore Archive: Forwarded message dating from the mid-1990s contains a list of dozens of people connected to Bill and Hillary Clinton who, we are told, died under mysterious circumstances.
Description: Forwarded email
Circulating since: Mid-1990s
Status: False (see details below)
Email text contributed by Jim, Jan. 23, 2007:
FW: THINK ABOUT IT FIRST
All of these folks are indeed dead and it might all just be a tragic coincidence--- But I wouldn't want to be on their list of associates (just to be on the safe side)!!!!!!!!!!!
SO NOW YOU MIGHT VOTE FOR HILLARY? THINK ABOUT IT FIRST......
This is what happens when you have dirt on the Clintons :
1 - James McDougal - Clinton's convicted Whitewater partner died of an apparent heart attack, while in solitary confinement. He was a key witness in Ken Starr's investigation.
2 - Mary Mahoney - A former White House intern was murdered July 1997 at a Starbucks Coffee Shop in Georgetown. The murder happened just after she was to go public with her story of sexual harassment in the White House.
3 - Vince Foster - Former white House councilor, and colleague of Hillary Clinton at Little Rock's Rose Law firm. Died of a gunshot wound to the head, ruled a suicide.
4 - Ron Brown - Secretary of Commerce and former DNC Chairman. Reported to have died by impact in a plane crash. A pathologist close to the investigation reported that there was a hole in the top of Brown's skull resembling a gunshot wound. At the time of his death Brown was being investigated, and spoke publicly of his willingness to cut a deal with prosecutors.
5 - C. Victor Raiser II and Montgomery Raiser, Major players in the Clinton fund raising organization died in a private plane crash in July 1992.
6 - Paul Tulley - Democratic National Committee Political Director found dead in a hotel room in Little Rock, September 1992... Described by Clinton as a "Dear friend and trusted advisor."
7- Ed Willey - Clinton fund raiser, found dead November 1993 deep in the woods in VA of a gunshot wound to the head. Ruled a suicide. Ed Willey died on the same day his wife Kathleen Willey claimed Bill Clinton groped her in the oval office in the White House. Ed Willey was involved in several Clinton fund raising events.
8 - Jerry Parks - Head of Clinton's gubernatorial security team in Little Rock. Gunned down in his car at a deserted intersection outside Little Rock. Park's son said his father was building a dossier on Clinton. He allegedly threatened to reveal this information. After he died the files were mysteriously removed from his house.
9 - James Bunch - Died from a gunshot suicide. It was reported that he had a "Black Book" of people which contained names of influential people who visited prostitutes in Texas and Arkansas.
10 - James Wilson - Was found dead in May 1993 from an apparent hanging suicide. He was reported to have ties to Whitewater.
11- Kathy Ferguson, ex-wife of Arkansas Trooper Danny Ferguson, was found dead in May 1994, in her living room with a gunshot to her head. It was ruled a suicide even though there were several packed suitcases, as if she were going somewhere. Danny Ferguson was a co-defendant along with Bill Clinton in the Paula Jones lawsuit. Kathy Ferguson was a possible corroborating witness for Paula Jones.
12 - Bill Shelton - Arkansas State Trooper and fiancee of Kathy Ferguson. Critical of the suicide ruling of his fiancee, he was found dead in June, 1994 of a gunshot wound also ruled a suicide at the grave site of his fiancee.
13 - Gandy Baugh - Attorney for Clinton's friend Dan Lassater, died by jumping out a window of a tall building January, 1994. His client was a convicted drug distributor.
14 - Florence Martin - Accountant & sub-contractor for the CIA, was related to the Barry Seal Mena Airport drug smuggling case. He died of three gunshot wounds.
15 - Suzanne Coleman - Reportedly had an affair with Clinton when he was Arkansas Attorney General. Died of a gunshot wound to the back of the head, ruled a suicide. Was pregnant at the time of her death.
16 - Paula Grober - Clinton's speech interpreter for the deaf from 1978 until her death December 9, 1992. She died in a one car accident.
17 - Danny Casolaro - Investigative reporter. Investigating Mena Airport and Arkansas Development Finance Authority. He slit his wrists, apparently, in the middle of his investigation.
18 - Paul Wilcher - Attorney investigating corruption at Mena Airport with Casolaro and the 1980 "October Surprise" was found dead on a toilet June 22, 1993 in his Washington DC apartment. Had delivered a report to Janet Reno three weeks before his death
19 - Jon Parnell Walker - Whitewater investigator for Resolution Trust Corp. Jumped to his death from his Arlington, Virginia apartment balcony August15, 1993. He was investigating the Morgan Guarantee scandal.
20 - Barbara Wise - Commerce Department staffer. Worked closely with Ron Brown and John Huang. Cause of death unknown. Died November 29, 1996. Her bruised, nude body was found locked in her office at the Department of Commerce.
21- Charles Meissner - Assistant Secretary of Commerce who gave John Huang special security clearance, died shortly thereafter in a small plane crash.
22 - Dr. Stanley Heard - Chairman of the National Chiropractic Health Care Advisory Committee, died with his attorney Steve Dickson in a small plane crash. Dr. Heard, in addition to serving on Clinton's advisory council personally treated Clinton's mother, stepfather and brother.
23 - Barry Seal - Drug running pilot out of Mena, Arkansas, death was no accident.
24 - Johnny Lawhorn Jr. - Mechanic, found a check made out to Bill Clinton in the trunk of a car left at his repair shop. He was found dead after his car had hit a utility pole.
25 - Stanley Huggins - Investigated Madison Guarantee. His death was a purported suicide and his report was never released.
26- Hershell Friday - Attorney and Clinton fund raiser died March 1, 1994 when his plane exploded.
27 - Kevin Ives and Don Henry - Known as "The boys on the track" case. Reports say the boys may have stumbled upon the Mena Arkansas airport drug operation. A controversial case, the initial report of death said, due to falling asleep on railroad tracks. Later reports claim the two boys had been slain before being placed on the tracks. Many linked to the case died before their testimony could come before a Grand Jury.
THE FOLLOWING PERSONS HAD INFORMATION ON THE IVES/HENRY CASE:
28 - Keith Coney - Died when his motorcycle slammed into the back of a truck, July 1988.
29 - Keith McMaskle - Died stabbed 113 times, Nov, 1988
30 - Gregory Collins - Died from a gunshot wound January 1989.
31 - Jeff Rhodes - He was shot, mutilated and found burned in a trash dump in April 1989.
33 - James Milan - Found decapitated. However, the Coroner ruled his death was due to "natural causes."
34 - Jordan Kettleson - Was found shot to death in the front seat of his pickup truck in June 1990.
35 - Richard Winters - A suspect in the Ives / Henry deaths. He was killed in a set-up robbery July 1989.
THE FOLLOWING CLINTON BODYGUARDS ARE DEAD: 36 - Major William S. Barkley Jr. 37 - Captain Scott J. Reynolds 38 - Sgt. Brian Hanley 39 - Sgt. Tim Sabel 40 - Major General William Robertson 41 - Col. William Densberger 42 - Col. Robert Kelly 43 - Spec. Gary Rhodes 44 - Steve Willis 45 - Robert Williams 46 - Conway LeBleu 47 - Todd McKeehan
Quite an impressive list! Pass this on. Let the public become aware of what happens to anyone who might damage the Clinton machine!
"The Clinton Body Count," a paranoia-laden relic of the Clinton-hating '90s, was resurrected in 2007 to coincide with Hillary Clinton's bid for the presidency. The widely-circulated text insinuates that several dozen "friends" of the Clintons, a few of whom conceivably possessed incriminating information about the former First Couple, died under "mysterious" circumstances i.e., were secretly done away with.
In more ways than one, it is reminiscent of a similarly paranoid conspiracy theory floated during the Bush-hating '00s, namely the notion that forces within the Bush administration actually conceived and orchestrated the 9/11 terror attacks.
Both theories rest on absurd presuppositions:
- That a U.S. president could secretly order the callous, illegal murders of dozens (or, in Bush's case, thousands) of citizens without being found out, prosecuted, impeached, or even so much as accused of the crime by members of Congress including his staunchest political opponents.
- That a U.S. president could flawlessly carry out such earth-shattering atrocities while demonstrating utter fallibility (if not gross ineptitude) in the face of other, more mundane challenges (e.g., witness Clinton's inability to squelch accusations of sexual improprieties, resulting in calls for his impeachment).
Why is it, we must also ask, that special prosecutor Kenneth Starr, who spent years and millions of taxpayer dollars attempting to dig up dirt of any
kind on the Clintons, never handed down a single indictment pertaining to these alleged murders? The answer is plain: because not one of the accusations had an ounce of merit.
Origin of 'The Clinton Body Count'
According to an article by Philip Weiss in the February 23, 1997 issue of The New York Times Magazine
, the earliest version of the Clinton Body Count was authored by Indianapolis attorney Linda Thompson, founder of the right-wing American Justice Federation. The list originally contained the names of 26 alleged victims, though it has grown, and shrunk, and grown again since then, with some variants boasting over 100 names.Specifics
It would be redundant to replicate the thorough research already done by others on the 47 cases listed in this version of the Body Count (see resources below), but for good measure I have investigated the circumstances surrounding the deaths of the first five "victims" on the list:James McDougal
- Friend and business partner of the Clintons, died of a heart attack not an apparent
heart attack while serving time on a fraud conviction. McDougal had a pre-existing heart condition. Prison guards placed him in solitary confinement after he refused to take a urine test and failed to provide him with the medications he kept in his cell, according to a subsquent investigation. No foul play was suspected. ("Report Details McDougal's Final Hours," Houston Chronicle
, 14 September 1998.)Mary Mahoney
- "One of the first interns to work at the Clinton White House," according to her family. Not one news source reporting on her murder suggests that Mahoney, a lesbian, was poised to claim "sexual harassment in the White House." She died of gunshot wounds along with two other Georgetown, DC Starbucks employees during a botched robbery attempt on July 6, 1997. Per police investigations and a written confession by the killer, Carl Cooper of Washington, DC, Mahoney was shot while struggling with the perpetrator over the keys to the safe. A witness corroborated that Cooper had been planning to rob the Starbucks for at least a month before the crime occurred. ("Starbucks Police Affidavit," Washington Post
, 17 March 1999; "Solving the Starbucks Case," Washington Post Magazine
Live Online, 3 March 2003.)Vince Foster
- A lifelong friend of the Clintons, White House aide Vince Foster killed himself with a handgun on July 20, 1993. He had been suffering from depression. No fewer than five official investigations were conducted into the circumstances of his death, and none found evidence of foul play. In 1997, special prosecutor Kenneth Starr's own report on the Vince Foster case was unsealed by the U.S. Court of Appeals. It began: "The available evidence points clearly to suicide as the manner of death." ("Case Closed on Vincent Foster - Again," St. Louis Post-Dispatch
, 15 Oct 1997.)Ron Brown
- Commerce Secretary under President Clinton, Ron Brown died in a plane crash on April 3, 1996. Conspiracy theorists have alleged that X-rays of Brown's head showed "possible bullet fragments" in the vicinity of what some described as a "gunshot wound." A re-examination conducted by Air Force pathologist Col. William T. Gormley and reviewed by a panel of other military pathologists found "no bullet, no bone fragments, no metal fragments and, even more telling, no exit wound," according to Chicago Tribune
columnist Clarence Page. ("The Ron Brown Conspiracy Machine," Chicago Tribune
, 15 January 1998.)C. Victor Raiser II and his son, Montgomery Raiser
- The prominent Democratic fundraiser and close friend of Bill Clinton died along with his son and four other people in an airplane crash on a fishing trip in Alaska in 1992. Raiser had no known connection with any Clinton scandal, nor was his death in any way "mysterious." A National Transportation Safety Board investigation determined that the pilot, who survived the crash, had stalled the plane while trying to veer away at the last minute from a dangerous, cloud-covered mountain pass. ("Air Safety Loophole May Close," Anchorage Daily News
, 18 June 1995.)
Share This Article
Sources and further reading:
The Clinton Body Count
Urban Legends Reference Pages, 26 January 2007
Did Bill Clinton Run Murder Inc.?
Slate, 18 February 1999
New York Times Magazine, 23 February 1997
Last updated: 06/17/12
Current Hoaxes / Netlore
The Urban Legends Top 25