Description: Viral image
Circulating since: April 2013 (under this pretense)
Status: FALSE (see details below)
As posted on Facebook, May 2, 2013:
Before They Were Famous - Nancy D'Alesandro (Pelosi) - MISS LUBE RACK 1955 - Now that has to be embarrassing! This would be like her being Miss QUICKIE LUBE now! Oh... this is disturbing on so many levels, she wasn't even attractive "in the day."
Analysis: Nice try. I don't know who the swimsuit model in the above photo really is, but I can name one person it definitely isn't: Nancy D'Alesandro Pelosi, the current minority leader of the U.S. House of Representatives.
Born on March 26, 1940, Nancy D'Alesandro was 11 years old in 1951.
(Note: Some versions of the caption read "Miss Lube Rack 1959." It's still false. As stated above, it has been documented that the photo was taken in 1951.)
• Obama's Left-Handed Flag Salute
• Obama Does 'Crotch Salute' During National Anthem
• George W. Bush Billboard: 'Miss Me Yet?'
• George W. and George H.W. Fishing in a Hurricane
• Mitt Romney Family 'RMONEY' Pic
• Welcome to Kenya, Birthplace of Barack Obama
• Bikini-Wearing, Rifle-Toting Sarah Palin
Sources and further reading:
Profile: Rep. Nancy Pelosi
About.com: U.S. Liberal Politics
Muller Bros. Car Wash 1951
LIFE Photo Archive
Hosted by Google.com
Last updated 05/03/13